"Union's TO ARGUMENTS WAY OFF BASE"..PFT.com

Started by bobbyinlondon, November 10, 2005, 10:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

we still have to hear from Rev. Al.

oh yeah, and Johnnie Cochran, oops.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Catapult

Dear Rev. Jackson:

Shut Up.

Sincerely,

A Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Please select your blitz package:  Zone, Darth, Mad Tiger, Train Wreck, Monster, Kitchen Sink, Jail Break, or Bench Press (new!)

Phanatic

Ralph Nader? Jesse Jackson? I go on vacation and come back and the world has gone absolutly mad!!

Who the farg is mixing reality TV into my sporting experience? Shoot them! Shoot them now!
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

WEST is GOD

Cmon leave Jesse alone. He's just supportin a brotha.  :-D
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyPhreak54

Bloch was the guy who awarded the Skins Chad Morton when the Skins and Jets had their dispute a couple of years ago. Coincidentally he is a taterskins season ticket holder.

And I couldn't care less about the money they will or will not have to pay TO. It affects us in no way. Even if they reduce his suspension then they can still deactivate him.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 13, 2005, 12:44:02 AM
Bloch was the guy who awarded the Skins Chad Morton when the Skins and Jets had their dispute a couple of years ago. Coincidentally he is a taterskins season ticket holder.

And I couldn't care less about the money they will or will not have to pay TO. It affects us in no way. Even if they reduce his suspension then they can still deactivate him.

Yup, that's what it was...the Morton thing. I posted about him being a Skins season ticket holder on this thread I think....but I couldn't remember what it was that he had arbitrated before.....I DID know that it went in the Skins favor though.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

QB Eagles

QuoteRalph Nader, onetime presidential candidate and consumer advocate, has asked
QuoteThe Rev. Jesse Jackson, founder and president of the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, issued the following statement

bobbyinlondon

Have you guys seen this bit of the Owens saga? This may be the part of the "some things were made public, some were not..."

http://www.foxsports.com

Terrell, Terrell and more Terrell. We just can't get enough can we?

With Terrell Owens' special arbitration hearing set for later this week, there are always three sides to every soap opera. It's our job to fill in some blanks and paint a picture of that third side.

With that said, the following are some additional intriguing questions that need to be answered in order to fill in the blanks of what has become the most notorious football story of the decade to date:

Question No. 1: Was this suspension a shock to people inside the Eagles?

No, because many knew that Eagles coach Andy Reid actually considered suspending Owens three weeks ago.

This portion of the weekly T.O. escapade began weeks ago when Reid had a meeting with his players and informed them that they must begin to follow the little rules that were in place, most notably the dress code of not wearing tennis shoes or jeans and parking in the back of the Eagles' complex.

Owens, despite Reid's insistence, wore jeans, tennis shoes and a Michael Irvin jersey. Wearing the Irvin jersey after their loss to the Cowboys created a national stir, but Reid actually cared about the other part of his ensemble, the jeans and sneakers. The coach again warned Owens and told him that he was responsible for following the same dress code as the rest of the team.

According to sources, had Owens showed up to Philadelphia's next road game in tennis shoes or jeans, Reid had planned to suspend him and not allow the controversial wide receiver on the team plane. Owens, in what was viewed by many inside the Eagles as pushing Reid, wore a tuxedo and shoes that resembled sneakers but were, in fact, considered shoes.

"He was just trying to push Andy," said one source. "That's what we had to deal with every week."

Owens also parked in a handicap space in the front of the building, citing that he wasn't parking in the back as he was told. Such instances may not sound like much, but the team felt he was constantly trying to push the limits of insubordination and see how far he could push.

MURP

Guess not much changed since he wore tights in the first practice etc.

BigEd76

Did you guys see TO and Jesse hanging out together at the Falcons game?  They're bestest friends now....