The religion thread.

Started by Diomedes, January 18, 2009, 08:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Quote from: General_Failure on February 24, 2021, 08:42:23 PM
Seems like it's been a while since a Christian sect had a good schism.

Is that what a priest shoots when the 8 year old is pulling his junk?

General_Failure

No, you're thinking of the Holy Seemen.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Well you see, if you tax the churches then you start down the slippery slope of churches becoming involved in politics. Could you imagine?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 01, 2021, 09:48:21 PM
can someone explain to me how churches are not taxed

https://twitter.com/rightwingwatch/status/1421886805427867654 21

He needs his ass whipped.

Churches should absolutely be taxed. Joel Osteen's joint rakes in the cash. He rolls around in a Ferrari and when it came time to open his doors to help Harvey victims he didn't do it until he was shamed. And even when he did they had workers passing around a collection plate.

Sometimes we will get churches call in to buy some lumber and plywood and they'll want to have the taxes waived. Which we can do - provided they fill the paperwork out. But there's a few instances where they seem to think they don't have to. Had one dude arguing with me over $13 once.

ice grillin you

so I've largely become numb to the far right zealotrous white supremacist wild ass craziness but this thread has me legitimately scared for the first time in a while....tell me I'm overreacting

https://twitter.com/tlecaque/status/1533807193874739200 21&t=YYLPNg2FtzjTXGGzEF7VYA
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

We didn't treat it as call to terrorism when someone made Obama paper targets, and for the same reason; the people in charge like that sort of thing.