2016 Head Coach Search

Started by Butchers Bill, December 29, 2015, 07:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

im no cap expert, but alshon jeffrey is probably hitting the market

there are a variety of factors at play - namely why on earth would he sign here - but hes very good at the wide receivering
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 30, 2015, 01:11:59 PM
Is anyone like that really going to be available for a price a rebuilding team can afford? If so I'm on board, I just don't want to see them waste another high draft pick on Nelson Agholor Jr.

yeah i don't know how things will fall and if any WR1 will be available where they pick or on the fa or trade markets im just saying they need one bad

imo they are rebuilding everything but the roster...they won 6/7 games in a horrible environment with a terrible coach...change the culture improve the locker room and tweak the roster and i dont see how they couldn't do what wash did going from four wins to the division title

they aren't winning the sb next year but i also don't think they should give up and go 2-14....luckily the two areas where they need to improve the most are super doable...guards are the easiest position to replace and the wr's are so friggin bad that even if they don't get a wr1 and do what you are saying there is so much room for improvement at those positions that the upgrade by default has to be huge
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Washington went from 4 wins to 8 wins...maybe 9. In most years, that's not getting a WC spot, much less winning the division.

But, you're right that the Eagles could do the same thing next year because I'm not sure that the division is going to be significantly better than it is now.

ice grillin you

its a lot easier to go from 4 to 9 than from 6 to 11 but if the eagles improve half as much as wash did then they are at 9/10 and in multiple divisions almost every year now i think youll see that wins

but my main point is that they are closer to that than they are 2-14 and next year shouldn't be a throwaway year...the nfl is unlike any other league especially these days with extra playoff teams and parity everywhere...you have to be epically bad to wanna root for your team to lose before a season begins....and this is coming from someone who does it all the time with his teams

QB Eagles

If Bradford decides to leave or if the team wants to spend money elsewhere instead, do you still think next year isn't throwaway? It seems like an awful lot hinges on that one decision.

ice grillin you

well yeah if sanchez is the qb next year then its over before it starts....but everything im saying assumes Bradford is back

Sgt PSN

Agree that next year shouldn't be a throwaway year, at least not right now. Gotta see how things unfold.  If Bradford is back, you need to set the floor at 7 or 8 wins. Also depends on the direction they go with the coach. If Lurie goes with another Andy Reid-type...obscure position coach....then 2016 becomes a bit of a throw away because there will be some growing pains. But if it's a McDaniels or one of the top coordinators, then I'll expect a little more from them in year 1.

Susquehanna Birder

Maybe Doug Pederson can come in and bring in this year's Doug Pederson.

QB Eagles

Last time the Eagles went coach hunting, they pretty much had their pick because it was the Eagles and a bunch of NFL backwater franchises in the hunt. The Bears could have been a serious competitor but they were all about that CFL coach for some reason.

You gotta figure this year the premiere spots are going to be the Giants and whoever gets to coach Andrew Luck for the next decade. That could be McDaniels and McDermott right there. Coaching the Chargers in LA or hanging out in Miami or New Orleans could be compelling to candidates too. In terms of being an organizational dumpster fire, the Eagles probably beat out the likes of Cleveland and San Fran though, so there's that. You also need a coach who has a ballsack and isn't intimidated by the Philly media drama and the rabid fanbase. It's a team that is capable of chewing up and spitting out even a good coach if he has the wrong temperament for the city.

I really have zero idea who would be a good fit and I'm super curious to see who they bring in for interviews.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on December 30, 2015, 02:06:44 PM
Maybe Doug Pederson can come in and bring in this year's Doug Pederson.

Does Doug Pedersen ever voluntarily leave Andy Reid's side?  He's basically in orbit around the big guy and never getting out, right?

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 30, 2015, 02:12:25 PM
That could be McDaniels and McDermott right there.

i don't know how much it means to him but McDermott grew up in philly...lasalle high grad...if his dream would be to coach the eagles then that may trump most or all other places

Susquehanna Birder

I do like McDermott's JJ lineage.

One name I don't see mentioned much: Mike Caldwell. He's done some decent work with the Cards and the Jets (where he's now "assistant head coach"). Maybe this is his next logical move.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm fine with McDermott and maybe Mike Caldwell as DC

Good thought on him, Sus.

Whoever they bring in I hope the offense isn't a dink and dunk shteinshow. Down the field pressure and a traditional running and play action game will be nice.

smeags

I'm in on McDermott. May not end up being a wise choice but I think the guy is ready to be a HC.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD