NFC East Prediction

Started by 4and26, May 15, 2006, 02:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonovanTheMessiah

Quote from: shorebird on May 16, 2006, 05:16:45 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 16, 2006, 09:08:13 AM
i just think hes a slept on signing...someone williams will have making plays all over the field

how about a wager as to who has more sacks carter vs howard

So Iggy's picking the Skins to win the division, what a shocker. ::)

I'll bet you 20 bucks right now that the Skins don't with the NFC East.

That seems like a good bet for him to take, you're giving him 1-3 odds. :boo

The BIGSTUD

I don't even know if Lloyd is better than Patten. Patten is an effective receiver if used correctly like in New England. Lloyd has shown he can make spectacular catches, but lose focus and miss easy ones. He's an ok receiver. From watching him pretty often I can say he's not that much better than Pinkston if at all. Lloyd has a much higher ceiling, but has yet to reach that point. Randle El as a receiver isn't as good as Gaffney, but he brings other elements to the table obviously. He's a good punt returner and they can add a few trick plays in. Big deal. He will contribute jack shtein to their passing game. Moss blew up to his career best season last year. Can he play like that again? Is he one of the game's best receivers now? We'll see, but it's a question mark. I'll just say going into the season he wasn't thought of as a top 20 receiver.

They have no pass rush, no QB, and their offensive line is nothing special. Man, people say the Eagles have questions marks. You are in trouble when the most important position on a team is a question mark with Brunell and Campbell. One position you don't want to have a question mark in is QB. The Eagles have the best QB in the NFC, and top 5 in the league.

The Cowboys? Everyone is talking about all of their "weapons". Their weapons exist 100% in the passing game. Jones is the worst starting RB in the division and was a disappointment last season after a promising rookie year. They have an average offensive line, the worst QB in the division. So, yeah, on paper the offense stands out with TO, Glenn, and Witten, but they have a question mark at RB and at QB. If Bledsoe falls apart they have absolutely no one to come in and fill in for them. Hell I'd take Jeff Garcia over Bledsoe in the right system. Bledsoe is a statue and he folds under pressure, and gets happy feet.

Their defense is decent, but it's nothing special. They added Ayodele, who's decent, and have Ware and Spears. Ware didn't turn out to be the second coming of LT in his first season like everyone was saying, and Spears played well, but he wasn't jaw-dropping. Their secondary is suspect, and they have no safeties. Their defense can be had. Again, everyone talks about the Eagles' question marks, but the Cowboys entire defense is banking on two second year players becoming pro bowlers.

The Giants? Eli Manning had a pretty good second season. Was up and down at times, but shtein his pants in the playoffs. As long as he has the blood of a Manning I'm going to bet he'll always choke in the big games, but that's an issue for another time. They have the best RB in the division, and a very good TE in Shockey. As for their receivers? I'm sorry, but the Giants have the worst receiving corps in the division, not the Eagles. I wouldn't take Plexiglass Burress on my team for free and Amani Toomer isn't the threat he used to be. Their slot guy is a rookie who is like 5'7. Their offensive line is suspect.

They have a very good defensive line with the best DE tandem in the league. They lost 2 DTs through free agency, and they've yet to address this to my knowledge. Strahan is getting older and Umenyiora has to prove that he's not a one year wonder. I don't think he is, but he has to come out and prove it. Their secondary sucks, even with their offseason additions, and they have good LBs.

Every team in this division has question marks. As far as I'm concerned the Eagles were the best team in the division last year, but just had a disaster of a season. Do the losses of Simon, and Burgess really make this team 7 games worse than 2004? I'm sorry, but no. The Eagles sucked last year because of McNabb's injury, distractions with TO, and a poor defensive effort. We had no pass rush and the secondary got eaten up.

The Eagles have addressed these issues. Looking at this team on paper it looks overall a better team than the 2004 Superbowl team. We are stronger at LB, stronger on the defensive line, better at TE, better on the offensive line. Plus we are a lot deeper as well. The only position you can argue is worse is WR. We don't have anyone close to TO's caliber(yet, Reggie can be that guy) but overall we have more talent spread around. Plus you I can even remind everyone that the team that went to the Superbowl didn't even have TO. Brown, Pinkston, Gaffney, and Avant is FAR better than Pinkston, Mitchell, and Lewis.

Do the Eagles have questions? Sure, but if you look at the whole division, everyone has questions. But the rest of the division has questions at more important positions than the Eagles.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I had a dream last night that Jeff Garcia was taking a snap from center in the 1st game of the season.  The exchange was fumbled, the defense recovered, and the Eagles went down 7-0.

Let's just say that if Jeff Garcia is taking any snaps that early in the season, it's going to be a long and frustrating one.

ice grillin you

So Iggy's picking the Skins to win the division, what a shocker

havent made my pick yet...but right now the skins are in front by a hair...but they could just as easily come in last in the division...hopefully you can wait until august for my official picks

That seems like a good bet for him to take, you're giving him 1-3 odds

actually its giving me a 25% chance....one i probably would not take with how close the division is...however i will bet eagles record vs skins...50-50 is more like it

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mikey418

Dallas sucks....just had to remind everyone of that ;D
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 17, 2006, 07:37:47 AM
I had a dream last night that Jeff Garcia was taking a snap from center in the 1st game of the season.  The exchange was fumbled, the defense recovered, and the Eagles went down 7-0.

Let's just say that if Jeff Garcia is taking any snaps that early in the season, it's going to be a long and frustrating one.

I had a dream the other night Garcia hit Bloom on an 80 yard TD bomb in the preseason, but it was called back for holding.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm sure any plays on or off the field involving Garcia and Bloom would have a lot of holding.

Now, if it involves only their girlfriends.... hell yes.

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 17, 2006, 07:57:49 AM
So Iggy's picking the Skins to win the division, what a shocker
havent made my pick yet...but right now the skins are in front by a hair...but they could just as easily come in last in the division...hopefully you can wait until august for my official picks
...however i will bet eagles record vs skins...50-50 is more like it

So are you still waiting for August??

And yeah, I'll go $20 on the Eagles record vs. the Skins.

rjs246

Quote from: Bunkley78 on May 17, 2006, 12:50:00 AM
I don't even know if Lloyd is better than Patten. Patten is an effective receiver if used correctly like in New England. Lloyd has shown he can make spectacular catches, but lose focus and miss easy ones. He's an ok receiver. From watching him pretty often I can say he's not that much better than Pinkston if at all. Lloyd has a much higher ceiling, but has yet to reach that point. Randle El as a receiver isn't as good as Gaffney, but he brings other elements to the table obviously. He's a good punt returner and they can add a few trick plays in. Big deal. He will contribute jack shtein to their passing game. Moss blew up to his career best season last year. Can he play like that again? Is he one of the game's best receivers now? We'll see, but it's a question mark. I'll just say going into the season he wasn't thought of as a top 20 receiver.

They have no pass rush, no QB, and their offensive line is nothing special. Man, people say the Eagles have questions marks. You are in trouble when the most important position on a team is a question mark with Brunell and Campbell. One position you don't want to have a question mark in is QB. The Eagles have the best QB in the NFC, and top 5 in the league.

The Cowboys? Everyone is talking about all of their "weapons". Their weapons exist 100% in the passing game. Jones is the worst starting RB in the division and was a disappointment last season after a promising rookie year. They have an average offensive line, the worst QB in the division. So, yeah, on paper the offense stands out with TO, Glenn, and Witten, but they have a question mark at RB and at QB. If Bledsoe falls apart they have absolutely no one to come in and fill in for them. Hell I'd take Jeff Garcia over Bledsoe in the right system. Bledsoe is a statue and he folds under pressure, and gets happy feet.

Their defense is decent, but it's nothing special. They added Ayodele, who's decent, and have Ware and Spears. Ware didn't turn out to be the second coming of LT in his first season like everyone was saying, and Spears played well, but he wasn't jaw-dropping. Their secondary is suspect, and they have no safeties. Their defense can be had. Again, everyone talks about the Eagles' question marks, but the Cowboys entire defense is banking on two second year players becoming pro bowlers.

The Giants? Eli Manning had a pretty good second season. Was up and down at times, but shtein his pants in the playoffs. As long as he has the blood of a Manning I'm going to bet he'll always choke in the big games, but that's an issue for another time. They have the best RB in the division, and a very good TE in Shockey. As for their receivers? I'm sorry, but the Giants have the worst receiving corps in the division, not the Eagles. I wouldn't take Plexiglass Burress on my team for free and Amani Toomer isn't the threat he used to be. Their slot guy is a rookie who is like 5'7. Their offensive line is suspect.

They have a very good defensive line with the best DE tandem in the league. They lost 2 DTs through free agency, and they've yet to address this to my knowledge. Strahan is getting older and Umenyiora has to prove that he's not a one year wonder. I don't think he is, but he has to come out and prove it. Their secondary sucks, even with their offseason additions, and they have good LBs.

Every team in this division has question marks. As far as I'm concerned the Eagles were the best team in the division last year, but just had a disaster of a season. Do the losses of Simon, and Burgess really make this team 7 games worse than 2004? I'm sorry, but no. The Eagles sucked last year because of McNabb's injury, distractions with TO, and a poor defensive effort. We had no pass rush and the secondary got eaten up.

The Eagles have addressed these issues. Looking at this team on paper it looks overall a better team than the 2004 Superbowl team. We are stronger at LB, stronger on the defensive line, better at TE, better on the offensive line. Plus we are a lot deeper as well. The only position you can argue is worse is WR. We don't have anyone close to TO's caliber(yet, Reggie can be that guy) but overall we have more talent spread around. Plus you I can even remind everyone that the team that went to the Superbowl didn't even have TO. Brown, Pinkston, Gaffney, and Avant is FAR better than Pinkston, Mitchell, and Lewis.

Do the Eagles have questions? Sure, but if you look at the whole division, everyone has questions. But the rest of the division has questions at more important positions than the Eagles.

You see, the problem with you establishing yourself as the local idiot is that no one is going to read this shtein, no matter how much thought you put into it or how accurate it is. In fact, I didn't read one word of it, I was just scrolling through the thread and noticed a farging novel and when I saw it was you, laughed and moved on. In other words, you're an idiot. Die.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

The taterskins have a brutal 7 games in a row starting from Indy at week 7. By that time, Brunell will have his hand over his mouth on the sidelines calling in plays to the ever supreme Todd Collins. Although I like their secondary, thier OLB position and DL is very suspect outside of  Phillip Daniels. Its unimaginable they end up with the record they had last year--no question

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: rjs246 on June 07, 2006, 10:54:26 PM

You see, the problem with you establishing yourself as the local idiot is that no one is going to read this shtein, no matter how much thought you put into it or how accurate it is. In fact, I didn't read one word of it, I was just scrolling through the thread and noticed a farging novel and when I saw it was you, laughed and moved on. In other words, you're an idiot. Die.

You don't have the intelligence to read a post that long anyway.

Your fake emo attitude is boring by the way.

ice grillin you

Although I like their secondary, thier OLB position and DL is very suspect outside of  Phillip Daniels. Its unimaginable they end up with the record they had last year--no question

their DL is ten times better than their secondary

rjs246

EMO? Dear god man, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

he never does...youll get used to it

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.