Phillies Offseason Talk

Started by Geowhizzer, October 02, 2005, 11:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

I'm pissed that they didn't make the playoffs but at the same time, it was a pretty good ride.  Came all the way down to the final game of the year.  Besides, this was the first meaningful baseball played in October by the Phils in 12 years and they did it despite having Bell and Leiberthal on the team although I must say both did play better down the stretch than they had all year.  But they still suck and I hope they get their balls stuck in a meat grinder.   

Congrats to Jimmy Rollins for finishing the year strong with a 36 game hitting streak.  :yay

Re-sign Wagner NOW! 

Rest up during the offseason and come out strong to start the season next year and maybe you won't be fighting for a playoffs spot on the last game of the year.  Bitches. 

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 03, 2005, 06:31:07 AM
Burrell or Abreu must be traded to free up salary and to add a #1 pitcher.

But before I get into my wishes...they must fire the dope first.

Hah!  Which dope?   :-D

Geowhizzer

Here's the scoop regarding Rollins' hit streak from USA Today:

QuoteRollins can pursue Joe DiMaggio's major league record of 56 next year — sort of.  The major league marks for longest hitting streak in one season and longest hitting streak spanning two seasons are separate records, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

stillupfront

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 03, 2005, 12:37:37 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 03, 2005, 12:36:10 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 02, 2005, 11:46:28 PM
7.  Trade Thome to anyone- ANYONE- that will take him and give something back.  Thanks, Jim, and good-bye.  Ryan's taking first base.

I think they're going to try the Howard to LF experiment again instead of trading Thome.

Does that mean Burrell's gone?  Howard+Thome+Burrell+Abreu+Utley= many, many K's- one of the main reason that the Phils' offense is so inconsistent.

Burrell BACK to third.

1/9/06

Very proud sponsor of DarWIN Walker BSSE

Proud to be sponsored by HBionic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: stillupfront on October 03, 2005, 10:09:31 PM
7.  Trade Thome to anyone- ANYONE- that will take him and give something back.  Thanks, Jim, and good-bye.  Ryan's taking first base.

I think they're going to try the Howard to LF experiment again instead of trading Thome.

Does that mean Burrell's gone?  Howard+Thome+Burrell+Abreu+Utley= many, many K's- one of the main reason that the Phils' offense is so inconsistent.

Burrell BACK to third.

GREAT!  Then the Phils can set all sorts of records!

1.  Most strikeouts in a season (and some lucky power pitcher will obliterate Clemens/Johnson by striking out 24 batters in a game).
2.  Most games, 10+ runs followed by shutouts.
3.  Most errors in a season.
4.  Most unearned runs given up in a season.
5.  Worst team average against LHP

What a lineup!  :o :-D

1.  Rollins SS (Because we know Manuel ain't putting Lofton or Michaels here)
2.  Lofton/Michaels CF
3.  Abreu RF
4.  Burrell 3B
5.  Thome 1B
6.  Howard LF
7.  Utley 2B
8.  Lieberthal 2B
9.  Whatever pitcher is brave/stupid enough to pitch for this Frankenstine monster in the field.

WEST is GOD

Players and management that have to be gone for me to think about liking them again:

Burrell
Abreu
Lofton
Thome
Bell
Padilla
Lidle
Urbina
Cormier
Lieberthal
Wade
Manuel
Bill Dancy

out of those, which are realistically gone if Wade is here? None

If Wade is gone which of those could possibly go?

Burrell, Abreu, Cormier, Lofton, Padilla, Thome, Manuel, Dancy, and Lieberthal(contracts are easy to move in baseball).

Still not enough for me to care.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 03, 2005, 05:47:32 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 03, 2005, 06:31:07 AM
Burrell or Abreu must be traded to free up salary and to add a #1 pitcher.

But before I get into my wishes...they must fire the dope first.

Hah!  Which dope?   :-D

Wade.

I thought Charlie got way too much heat this year. Was he perfect? No. But I didn't think he was as bad as everyone made him out to be.

PhillyPhreak54

Burrell BACK to third.

No way.

MDS

I'm fine with everything offensivley except 3B and C. It's the SP, bullpen and bench that need fixing.

Hey, sorta 1/4 aint bad.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

stillupfront

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 03, 2005, 10:15:57 PM

I count one bad glove.

Burrell BACK to third.

GREAT!  Then the Phils can set all sorts of records!

1.  Most strikeouts in a season (and some lucky power pitcher will obliterate Clemens/Johnson by striking out 24 batters in a game).
2.  Most games, 10+ runs followed by shutouts.
3.  Most errors in a season.
4.  Most unearned runs given up in a season.
5.  Worst team average against LHP

What a lineup!  :o :-D

1.  Rollins SS (Because we know Manuel ain't putting Lofton or Michaels here)
2.  Lofton/Michaels CF
3.  Abreu RF
4.  Burrell 3B
5.  Thome 1B
6.  Howard LF
7.  Utley 2B
8.  Lieberthal 2B
9.  Whatever pitcher is brave/stupid enough to pitch for this Frankenstine monster in the field.

1/9/06

Very proud sponsor of DarWIN Walker BSSE

Proud to be sponsored by HBionic

MDS

Marcus Hayes is an idiot

David Bell gets a C-, Bobby Abreu gets a B. One guy started the all-star game, the other was the worst third baseman in baseball.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

Quote from: MDS on October 04, 2005, 10:22:24 AM
Marcus Hayes is an idiot

David Bell gets a C-, Bobby Abreu gets a B. One guy started the all-star game, the other was the worst third baseman in baseball.

also one of them didnt do a goddamn thing the last month of the season
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

But he totally ruled the home run derby! And that's all the fans really care about these days anyway.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Wingspan on October 04, 2005, 10:35:31 AM
Quote from: MDS on October 04, 2005, 10:22:24 AM
Marcus Hayes is an idiot

also one of them didnt do a goddamn thing the last month of the season

Gutting it out with a bad hamstring and bad shoulder.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

He should've been on the DL. Thome sucked ass when he was hurt, but no one complained.