Fantasy Football 2014 - Post your questions but don't answer anybody else's here

Started by SunMo, August 04, 2014, 10:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on November 19, 2014, 01:14:50 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 19, 2014, 01:11:12 PM
it was good when it was a niche thing....now theres a huge amount of people who care more about it than the actual sport of football...it might even be a majority

You get pretty hung up on how many people like something and which ones are 'real' fans and it seems to actually influence your enjoyment of those things. Let it go, man.

ha...pretty much. It's year two for me in fantasy and I'm more addicted than bubs on wmd. I just wish I was involved when the Eagles blew because it would have made the season more palatable.

ice grillin you

because you are new...take this pointer...no one gives a farg about your team or how they lost by one point because of a late garbage touchdown by malcom floyd or how many games back you are or that you are in first in your "real" league....there is nothing that can happen to your players your team or your league that has not happened numerous times in the last 20 years of ffb

and i dont mean on a thread dedicated to your league...this is ok i suppose tho still silly...i mean at a tailgate or a cookout or at thanksgiving....dont bring up ffb...especially to someone not in your league...ever

its kind of like facebook in that its a channel for people to talk about themselves....because believe me no on gives a shtein about anyone elses fantasy situation...while you are telling the guy next to you about your fantasy life he is not hearing a word you say he is counting down the seconds until you are mercifully finished talking so that he can go on a diatribe about his own team

this is a terrible thing when two people in the same league do it....now imagine doing it to someone who isnt in your league and doesnt know your friend george who is an idiot cause he dropped randall cobb

respect others....DONT TALK FANTASY
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

My buddy on facebook just posted he lost by .7 in his keeper league because of that late TD by Maclin.

That about covers it

ice grillin you

lol....pretty much

except there is the guy (my cousin is a classic example) whose team sucks and he will go on and one about how his first round pick screwed him and four other guys got injured which crushed his team.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....yeah thanks chief...bust draft picks...injuries!!....no way?? - that happens to about half the teams in every fantasy league every year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed on the fantasy talk. Some small talk is fine...me and one particular customer will make mentions of it...but when you go in depth...no.

The FanDuel thing is awesome and I love it. I am gonna nail one of those big pots...its become mt life goal And when I do I am throwing a CF Pizza Party.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Once again...I sent that when I returned from New Orleans...so it went out last week. In a company envelope. $30 cash addressed to Havas.

I just got back from South America...if he doesn't receive it by this weekend then I will re-send it.

Tomahawk

I think you should get that money back and worry about having a pizza party first

phattymatty

i've been doing terrible in my pick em pool this year so last week when the guy sent me i filled it out in about 30 seconds and sent it back and got 14/15 right.

Rome

SD

Quote from: Rome on November 25, 2014, 01:17:24 PM
Rome Hates Humans is having a nice year so far.

You should give Dio proceeds from your winnings if you win

I was down lastnight to sunny, Graham scored a junk TD and I won by a point.

Sgt PSN

SunMo

i say Gore, that 49er offense is best when they run the ball so Gore should get a steady dose.

Bernard was starting to lose carries to Hill, I'm not sure how last week was but Hill was definitely getting goalline.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, I'm already leaning towards Gore because he should get more carries than Bernard and it's a great match up that should allow for the 9ers to close the game by running.  Volume + match up should = no brainer.

Problem though is that I could easily see Bernard's 12-15 carries being more productive than, say 25 touches for Gore. Even in a reduced role, Bernard is still a big play threat...much more so than Gore is at this point in his career.

Munson

PPR, pick one

Frank Gore vs. OAK
Roddy White @GB
or I can pick up J. Stewart @ NO

Roddy if healthy would be the obvious play, but his being gimpy and going into GB is a bit scary.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds