2010 Winter Olympics

Started by BigEd76, February 13, 2010, 02:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on March 02, 2010, 01:37:58 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 02, 2010, 07:47:01 AM
Quote from: KDS on March 01, 2010, 01:27:41 PM
the game drew a bigger audience than any world series game since 04, any nba finals since 98 and was only beaten by the national championship and of course the nfl.

wow. and again, i doubt the 65 year old ladies in sioux falls who eat the olympics up sat through a 3+ hour hockey game.

of course they did...but they watch for the american flag...not the high level of hockey being played...i didnt watch it but im sure colorado detroit last night was just as good if not a better game than usa canada just without the hype pomp and pagentry

sundays game was no different than non football fans watching the superbowl every year...or why a lot of people will watch the world cup this summer who dont watch a lick of soccer any other time

no sir. it was people like me who will only watch their local team in a big playoff game. because thats the only time we can possibly get into hockey with the nhl being the cesspool that it is.

soccer is a bit of a different beast. the world cup is the biggest tourney obviously and everything pales in comparison to it. mls is getting slightly better but its still a double a league and premiere league is on at 2 in the afternoon and 8 in the morning. so its tough to check the games out on top of seriously getting into an english league.

lets be real...you watched the us-canada game because it was going to get a strong TV share
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

if that was the case wouldnt i watch american idol and csi?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

they arent a once every four year major sporting event

and i have no doubt youd watch the last episode ever of csi just because tv guide told you to
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

no and no

i would have watched usa vs. anyone and some of canada vs. russia. thats it, thats the list.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

watched this in PR, and yelled at Canadians while watching.  Cole needs to really die a firey death.  We throw it around a lot jokingly, but he really needs to die in a hellfire screaming to make the world a better place i'm sure of it, at the very least the internets. 

And Munson, i think what Crosby was alluding to was that the "REFS" let them play the game.  There really wasnt all that ticky tacky shtein that goes on every game and the refs feel they have to get involved.  These refs though some NHL, realized they players were the game not the rules.  Holy shtein. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mpmcgraw

Didn't Bettman threaten to fire all the refs if they didn't thoroughly enforce all the new rules even through the playoffs after the lockout?

I think he did. 

Munson

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 04, 2010, 11:32:25 PM
watched this in PR, and yelled at Canadians while watching.  Cole needs to really die a firey death.  We throw it around a lot jokingly, but he really needs to die in a hellfire screaming to make the world a better place i'm sure of it, at the very least the internets. 

And Munson, i think what Crosby was alluding to was that the "REFS" let them play the game.  There really wasnt all that ticky tacky shtein that goes on every game and the refs feel they have to get involved.  These refs though some NHL, realized they players were the game not the rules.  Holy shtein. 

if that's what he meant, I agree. But either way he's still a big giant soppy wet bleeding vagina and I hope he tears both knees up this year.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: mpmcgraw on March 05, 2010, 12:47:18 AM
Didn't Bettman threaten to fire all the refs if they didn't thoroughly enforce all the new rules even through the playoffs after the lockout?

I think he did. 
yeah, he and Campbell have all but forced out the older guys who refused to change how they call the game.  See this year Kerry Fraser being forced to retire.  The best part is how great the olympics were with minimal penalties, and then you go into the nhl games, and you see 10 penalties called.  Well done Gary
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eagaholic

LOL

QuoteReebok Canada is offering a $10,000 reward for the return of Olympic hockey gold medalist Sidney Crosby's stick and glove, which disappeared after he scored in overtime to give Canada a dramatic win over the U.S., the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation reported Saturday.

After Crosby scored the winning goal last Sunday, the Pittsburgh Penguins captain exuberantly flung his stick and gloves into the air .
NewsCORE is a 21st-century multimedia information service that draws on the worldwide news and sports resources within News Corporation, including FOX Sports. Other members of NewsCORE include:

Then the gear vanished.