2010 Winter Olympics

Started by BigEd76, February 13, 2010, 02:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

I like speed skating. That shtein gets crazy sometimes...the short track stuff.

I also am female and love the drama that always surrounds ice skating. lol

Hockey and all skiing stuff (freestyle, jumping, downhill)

Summer is all about gymnastics, diving and swimming.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

did anyone notice last night at the opening ceremonies all the african (and other warm weather) countries who were there had one athlete in the games and almost always they were an alpine skier
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I didn't watch the OC, but I like watching some events. Same with the summer games. I like a few events here and there.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 13, 2010, 08:16:18 PM
I like speed skating. That shtein gets crazy sometimes...the short track stuff.

I also am female and love the drama that always surrounds ice skating. lol

Hockey and all skiing stuff (freestyle, jumping, downhill)

Summer is all about gymnastics, diving and swimming.

Speed skating is amazing.  You just expect them to wipe out at every turn.  The luge still freaks me out.  After that horrific crash it is even more crazy.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

Canadian women's hockey team beat Slovakia 18-0, but that wasn't the biggest score mentioned in the article...

QuoteDespite being outshot 67-9 Saturday, Slovakia knows what it feels like to be on the other end of a lopsided score - in one of their exhibition games leading up to the Olympics they beat Bulgaria 82-0 in Latvia.

ha...a goal every 44 seconds

ice grillin you

i remember reading about that 82-0 game but didnt realize it was their national team...i thought it was some low rent league in eastern europe
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

Anyone have a video of the luger faceplanting into the post? I feel like I may be the only person not to have watched it yet..

DH

I tried that...all I get is a white screen

MDS

either you have to install something or nbc took the video down

you could probably find through the back alleys on youtube
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

i know when i tried playing it i needed to install silverlight or some crap like that.  wouldn't be surprised if they took it down though.  hell, i'm a bit shocked they put it up in the first place and kept it up for as long as they did. 

SunMo

same here, and then i installed it and i still had the white screen

other sites have it
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

DH

Yup...googled "dead luger video" and there it was. Ouch.

Sgt PSN

looks painful but i doubt he felt it. 

Munson

It's just that thud you hear when he hits.  :-\
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds