2007 Soul Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, February 28, 2007, 11:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

My buddy has tickets in a section where we always catch shirts, mini-footballs and other stuff when they fire them from air cannons as they circle the field in monster trucks.

His seats also happen to be in the same section as the local radio station who airs the games, so there's always hot broads sitting there doing shots and removing articles of clothing.

One thing I don't like is the fact that the major sponsor is the U.S. Army.  Sitting through their non-stop barrage of "be all you can be" pitches is nauseating.

ice grillin you

conflict of interest concerns do not apply when the interest is non existent

exactly

the whole thing is a farce

apparently unless you wanna dance to zombie nation and catch free t-shirts
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MURP on February 28, 2007, 12:43:35 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on February 28, 2007, 11:52:33 AM
What kind of league schedules a week 1 bye?

the kind where Jon Bon Jovi is an owner and is able to actually trade an autographed guitar for a player.   

That made me laugh. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on February 28, 2007, 01:28:40 PM
One thing I don't like is the fact that the major sponsor is the U.S. Army.  Sitting through their non-stop barrage of "be all you can be" pitches is nauseating.

They dropped that slogan a few years ago.  Now they want you to be "An Army of One."  :puke

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 28, 2007, 01:44:41 PMthe whole thing is a farce

A farce that has been around for 21 years, unlike the XFL and their 1 season...

MDS

It's a slightly less of a farce than the XFL?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

unless youre white trash and live in des moines or another city without the nfl and dont really have ties to real football i just dont get how you could like arena football

Seabiscuit36

Honestly its a fun family day.  You really dont follow the players unless you have a Harrell or Graziani.  I went with my family last year, it was great.  Went over to Chickies and Petes afterwards got boozed up.  The afl cant hold a grain of salt to the NFL, but its cheap, and entertaining.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

I thought IGY loved all Philly Sports.   

Rome

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 01, 2007, 01:40:59 PM
The afl cant hold a grain of salt to the NFL, but its cheap, and entertaining.

Post of the day.  It might be a bastichized version of football but it's still football and it's enjoyable especially if you're all banged up.

Edit: LOL @ the filter.

ice grillin you

i understand all that...going to an event to have an entertaining time...thats no different than going to the circus

what i dont get is the people who actually follow it...like watch it on tv...check the scores to see who won...care if the soul loses...ect...

ice grillin you

I thought IGY loved all Philly Sports.  

you do realize philly has a lacrosse and indoor soccer team

MURP

IGY doesnt love the Wings and Kixx ?

ice grillin you