Sixers 2011 Offseason

Started by ice grillin you, May 09, 2011, 05:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 23, 2011, 02:41:55 AM
The rumor I heard on LA sports radio this evening was Odom and Artest.  If little guy was pimping Milton Bradley's crazy ass, he should love the thought of Ron Ron on the Sixers.

I'm definitely down with that trade.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on June 22, 2011, 11:59:08 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 22, 2011, 11:51:01 PM
I mean, whats the goddamn reasoning behind that?
No idea. I don't mind Odom because he fills a need and has an expiring contract but I could never bring myself to root for anyone associated with Bill Walton much less his spawn.

odom doesnt have an expiring contract...hes locked thru june 2013

i think theres three reasons they want to move him

1. (and this is minor) iguodala has like a 15 mil player option for the 2013 season that they would probably like to not even have to face dealing with

2. they want to find out what they have with ET

3. but primarily they want to move him because he doesnt wanna be here and his attitude is zesty...i think they figure we will get a couple blinged up veterans in for the next two years who will lead and teach the young cats on the team and be a positive influence...something iguodala is not cut out for nor has the resume to do so

rod thorn was on wip the other day and they asked him about iguodala missing his getaway one on one this year and thorn said he had an excuse...at which point macnow asked him was it a legitimate excuse and thorns response was "he had an excuse"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Expiring to me is it's up within the next year or two. If they let him play this season then decide they want to clear some space up teams will take his contract on. Basically he's an asset either way.

The rest of your post is spot on.

The only thing I wouldn't like about the move is it would mean less minutes for Thad. Not really a fan of Turner anywhere else but the PG, but I understand them wanting to see what he can do with starter minutes.

MDS

Bring your boi ron ron in most def

But without your boi ron rons albatrosical contract
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on June 23, 2011, 07:58:01 AM
Expiring to me is it's up within the next year or two. If they let him play this season then decide they want to clear some space up teams will take his contract on. Basically he's an asset either way.

The rest of your post is spot on.

The only thing I wouldn't like about the move is it would mean less minutes for Thad. Not really a fan of Turner anywhere else but the PG, but I understand them wanting to see what he can do with starter minutes.

if thats your definition of expiring then iguodala has an expiring deal

and artest isnt coming here (or he shouldnt)...hed be a cancer on a team like this...he needs to be playing for a title contender on a team with strong leadership or he will be a mess

PhillyPhreak54

I am for trading Igoudala especially since he wants to get the farg outta here.

BUT

You don't do it just to do it. You get something of value in return. I mean, if you have to take a zesty contract on then get a player in that deal who is worth a shtein.

Lamar Odom and Luke Walton and Ron Artest don't fit the bill of that.

If they do this it would be mega-stupid.

Eagles_Legendz

WIP says the odds he's traded are listed at 2/5???

Adios Iggy.

DH

my brother interns for the pr dept at the sixers and heard the folowing today:

- Iggy will not be traded tonight due to the pending ownership change
- They are targeting Markeif Morris, Tristan Thomas and Kenneth Faried at #16

phattymatty

i can't believe thompson will be there at 16 and if it really is down to those 3 i'd rather faried. i love rebounders.

DH

i like faried also..guys on wfan have been comparing his skills to charles oakley

Rome

If they get Artest I will officially switch teams and cheer for the Sixers.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on June 23, 2011, 01:09:10 PM
If they get Artest I will officially switch teams and cheer for the Sixers.

That deal would never happen, but supposedly it's what the Sixers inquired about.  LA probably laughed and assumed it was a prank call.  Lakers aren't giving up 2 key players like Odom and Artest unless it gets them Howard or Paul in return. 

PhillyPhreak54

They'd drop both of those clowns in a second. They wanted to get rid of Ron-Ron last offseason and at the deadline

ice grillin you

Quote from: DH on June 23, 2011, 12:22:30 PM
my brother interns for the pr dept at the sixers and heard the folowing today:

- Iggy will not be traded tonight due to the pending ownership change
- They are targeting Markeif Morris, Tristan Thomas and Kenneth Faried at #16

yeah bucher reported this last night

i love everything about faried but the problem with him is that he cant play power forward in the nba as hes to small...and i dont know how often a dennis rodman comes along...faried is a great hustle rebounder and will defend but he isnt guarding the rim which is something they sorely need

my top three wants in the draft

1st pick
1. biyombo
2. jordan hamilton
3. faried

2nd pick
1. greg smith
2. shelvin mack
3. deibler

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 23, 2011, 01:27:39 PM
Lakers aren't giving up 2 key players like Odom and Artest unless it gets them Howard or Paul in return. 

artest was horrible last year and is basically done...odom is solid but theres probably a hundred players in the nba they would give both of them up for

phattymatty

yeah they couldn't get howard or paul for those two guys. maybe both plus some picks.

and biyombo is actually my first choice too but no way he's there at 16. if you watch him in that nike summit game, he dominated, had a triple double including 10 blocks. granted it was high school seniors for the most part but still.

then again he basically lost a game of one on one to a chair in a workout a while but i still love him down low. i could dig mack also.