Week Five - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 11, 2020, 08:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Titans and Pats facilities shut down again this morning due to additional positives.

I have a feeling that they're going to end up pushing the SB back and building in, maybe, two weeks at the end of the year for make up dates for games.

Is this the week that Gase and Quinn end up getting shteincanned? Probably.

Flacco is starting for the Jets.
Kyle Allen for WFT.
Maybe Houston gets off the mat and wins a game

Not a very exciting slate of games. Chiefs and Raiders is the one that intrigues me most. That and seeing if Dallas continues to shtein themselves

Diomedes

For some reason the league thinks that Baltimore wants to see MIA @ SF, rather than the PA bowl, or the Rams at the team from Washington.  I guess the idea is that we shouldn't be allowed to watch anything we might have local connections to because the Ravens are also playing?  Pretty infuriating. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Oops, now I notice the game times.  That's exactly what's up.  Blackout in our market during the Ravens game.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Pats/Broncos officially postponed.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 11, 2020, 08:36:03 AM
Is this the week that Gase and Quinn end up getting shteincanned? Probably.

Quinn is liked enough by the Falcons org that I think they keep him the whole season, or close to it.

Losing to the Cards wouldn't give Joe Douglas any info that he doesn't already know about the state of his team. The case for getting rid of Gase is that he is messing up Darnold's career, and you want to get someone else in there soon to get him on the right track. The case for keeping Gase through most of the season is that Darnold simply sucks and you might as well let Gase keep losing to get Trevor Lawrence. I think Darnold sucks so I'd be in the latter camp, but I don't know about Joe D.

PhillyPhreak54

I want to see Darnold with another organization first before writing him off all the way. If he gets somewhere with strong coaching he may end up being decent.

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on October 11, 2020, 08:47:15 AM
Oops, now I notice the game times.  That's exactly what's up.  Blackout in our market during the Ravens game.

there are no blackouts anymore...generally if home team plays at 1 they try to avoid scheduling against it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

I hate hate hate the yellow gloves.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on October 11, 2020, 12:37:50 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on October 11, 2020, 08:47:15 AM

there are no blackouts anymore...generally if home team plays at 1 they try to avoid scheduling against it

I thought that one one network could show the "doubleheader" each week.  Either way, Fox isn't showing anything in my area, and the Bucs played Thursday and the Dolphins at 4, so there's no local game interfering.  CBS is showing the Raiders-Chiefs.

MDS

yes one network can show a 1 and 425. other gets either 1 or 405

if you live in baltimore and the ravens play at 1 on the network getting 2 games, the other network will show the 405 game as to not compete with the ravens

geo being in the hellhole of florida, you only got the miami game at 400
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on October 11, 2020, 04:28:33 PMif you live in baltimore and the ravens play at 1 on the network getting 2 games, the other network will show the 405 game as to not compete with the ravens

that's the explanation I needed, thank you

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

2010 nfc west had 25 total wins and a 7-9 champion

thinking this nfc east gonna fall well under that

QB Eagles

If Dallas improves to merely bad on defense eight wins should be a cakewalk.

Big if though. They are so bad it's shocking. Phillies reliever bad. They gotta can Nolan and bring in Wade Phillips or something.

PhillyPhreak54

AJC reporting Quinn is about to get got