Week Twelve - 2020

Started by QB Eagles, November 25, 2020, 01:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Same.

Foot to the throat beat down

Diomedes

Apparently there was a big Fortnite event yesterday, and some new shtein to play with today as a result, so my son, who would otherwise drop everything to watch the Ravens, is OUT on Wednesday afternoon football.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

The Steelers have four covid cases too you know.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Play games with covid stricken rosters is a-ok

Hitting a QB is not ok

The roughing call on RGIII a second ago was horseshtein

MDS

maybe its the nfl junkie in me talking but as stupid as this game/season are i dont mind there being a game on at 530 on a wednesday
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on December 02, 2020, 05:41:23 PM
maybe its the nfl junkie in me talking but as stupid as this game/season are i dont mind there being a game on at 530 on a wednesday

It's either this or judge Judy

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on December 02, 2020, 05:58:12 PM
Quote from: MDS on December 02, 2020, 05:41:23 PM

It's either this or judge Judy

it could be neither...Carolina Texas while not ideal itself was infinitely more entertaining...or shtein just watch a movie

MDS

you dont like sports, some of us do
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Lol if you had PIT -10.5 congrats on getting backdoored

If people have SEA and PIT they may be suicidal

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 02, 2020, 06:27:53 PM
you dont like sports, some of us do

yeah this isnt sports....i also like alive better than dead....no farging sport should be outside of a bubble right now...every locker room is basically a super spreader event...but the nfl is especially evil in that they barely admit it is a problem and only do in the guise of pretending they care...how in the farg has not one game been cancelled??...they never announce positive covid tests on sunday morning...its always during the week and then they laughably play sunday as if its fine to have all systems go as long as we dont have positive tests on the day of the game...but more than that even is that they falsely pretend that the games are the only place you can get it...they act like they are being so cautious about getting in the game sunday but literally are allowing teams to stuff film rooms and cafeterias and auditoriums with hundreds of people all during the week at the respective team complexes...its absolutely disgusting and basically criminal

when you put sports ahead of a pandemic then you are no better than the covid deniers and in fact you might be worse cause you know covid is a real thing...theres a line in the reagan documentary "heading into the 1980's the republican party was ahead of everyone else in realizing that by and large the american citizenry was selfish and they knew exactly the message to take advantage of it"....never has it been more on display than during covid

Diomedes

How do you square all that with the fact that you're still watching?

Chalk it up to human frailty and pour another round during commercials?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Not watching isn't going to put the toothpaste back in the tube. Grab a little enjoyment out of the hell year where you can, Meemaw Roethlisberger dying with with a tube down her throat isn't on me.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Don't mistake my question for judgement...I agree wholeheartedly and I'm also watching (except for the last game).  I have my own rationalizations, just curious how others excuse themselves for weakness and failure.

ice grillin you

I've stupidly watched the Eagles games cause I don't want to ruin my streak so I'm not perfect but I haven't watched a non bubble sporting event since Covid....or maybe I watched spencer Howard's first start...I mean I'm not going to say I haven't been flipping channels and stopped on a sporting event for a hot second but by and large I've watched none

to be fair I basically stopped watching the nfl a couple of years ago so that isn't a Covid thing and my girl religiously watches the nfl so if I'm in the room it's on but I try to always be somewhere else reading or watching a movie...the nfl makes me loudly angry and annoying to be around (shocking I know) and I'm a cock to her for watching it so she vanquishes me most of the time anyway