We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

people have to stop giving these anti vaxxers a platform

this is like a contest or a game theyre playing. they are going maskless into places and throwing temper tantrums on purpose with little to no provocation to see who can get like the biggest reaction or something. its a weird in person troll these white women are doing
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

There's some New York dudes on IG who narrate fights and whatnot...they're good. I aspire to be at that level.

Munson

Quote from: General_Failure on June 29, 2020, 09:18:44 PM
Start a reaction youtube channel, ham it up, and reap the benefits.
Literally the easiest money grift right now is pretend to be a former left winger who realized "the truth" that "they didn't want you to know", and now you're hear to expose the hypocrisy of the liberal elite. Dave Rubin, Candace Owens, etc....it's easy money. Definitely bonus points if you're not white too.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

For anyone keeping track, it's been a couple weeks since my sister got two negative coronavirus results.

She returned to work slowly, suffering from fatigue, but was doing well.

Then early Teusday morning, she went to work (literally,
time to make the doughnuts at her shop), and three hours later found herself standing at her own front door, confusedly trying to operate the latch.  No recollection of leaving work...no car.  She walked home, abandoning the shop unlocked, etc. 

Off to ER, suspected stroke, possibly Covid related.  That has not been ruled out, but while scanning, they found a mass in her brain.  It has to come out soon, if not immediately...we're waiting for more tests.....one of which came in late yeserday afternoon...a positive for Covid19.

So, she's now in her third day at the hospital, the first in ICU, the second on a Covid ward.  They're hoping it's a false positive, getting more tests, etc.  Don't know that the colloid mass in her brain is the cause of the fugue state episode, or if it was exhaustion/covid related.  She's alone, scared....can't read well because of extreme learning disability....my hot nurse wife is her lifeline, but she's a full time grad student and full time working nurse, in MD not CT, etc...

It's a fargin' mess.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hunt

Quote from: AO1 on June 29, 2020, 04:17:57 PM
Donated blood Monday, Red Cross is now testing blood donations for COVID (I'm negative). Only took a few days to get results back. Anyway free test if anyone is interested. I really thought I had it in February when we got back from Disney but nope.

would their test show if you've already had it (vs currently have it)? just curious.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

SD

Quote from: hunt on July 01, 2020, 10:07:15 AM
Quote from: AO1 on June 29, 2020, 04:17:57 PM
Donated blood Monday, Red Cross is now testing blood donations for COVID (I'm negative). Only took a few days to get results back. Anyway free test if anyone is interested. I really thought I had it in February when we got back from Disney but nope.

would their test show if you've already had it (vs currently have it)? just curious.

Yes

QuoteWhat Does My Test Result Mean?
A positive test result indicates that you may have had a previous exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19 and your body has developed specific antibodies to the virus, regardless of whether you developed symptoms.  A positive antibody test does not confirm infection or immunity. It is currently unknown whether the presence of COVID-19 antibodies will provide immunity to future infection, although this has been shown to be the case in similar viruses for a period of time. If your test result is positive, the Red Cross may contact you to request additional information and conduct further testing as part of a research study. If additional testing occurs, you will be notified of the results by mail.

A negative test result means that you probably have not been exposed to COVID-19 and therefore have not developed antibodies to the virus. It also could indicate that antibodies are present but at levels below the test's threshold for detection, or that the test did not recognize those antibodies. It is possible that you can still contract the virus, if exposed. It takes one to three weeks after an infection for antibodies to be present.

Geowhizzer

Damn, Dio... I'm sorry. 

May the doctors find the answers your sister (and your family) needs, and quickly.

Diomedes

Hospital is telling her that the recent COVID positive test is in fact a result of damaged cells shedding, and they do not consider it a recurrence of the virus, it does not subject her to a requirement to be quarantined again, etc.   Although they cannot state with certainty that she is not contagious, they report that there is no evidence that someone who has recovered has subsequently communicated the virus to anyone else, so they are operating under the assumption that it does not.  Even to the point that their own staff, recovered from COVID with two negative tests, and returned to work after proper quarantine, have had similar positive tests, and they are not sent home.

As for the mass in her brain, and the zombie episode, we have more to learn, don't know if they are related to each other or not, or to COVID or not, etc.  A lot of unknowns.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

That's a whole lot of mess to deal with at any time, let alone now. Good luck to you guys.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Jfc Dio that's terrible. And scary. Hard to believe it wouldn't be covid related with all the reports of blood clots and strokes and etc. Hope she pulls through man.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Good God, Dio.  Hang in there and my best to your sister too.

Diomedes

Thanks.  I've got it easy, really.  I feel terribly for my sister, who is alone and scared...and also for my wife, who is carrying a heavy load with grace and strength. 

General_Failure

https://twitter.com/EW/status/1278471001546919936

We didn't have Corona in the 90s, but I'm willing to bet there's a huge overlap between the people who won't wear masks for this and people who wouldn't have touched someone with HIV/AIDS in the 80s.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on July 01, 2020, 09:27:34 AM
For anyone keeping track, it's been a couple weeks since my sister got two negative coronavirus results.

She returned to work slowly, suffering from fatigue, but was doing well.

Then early Teusday morning, she went to work (literally,
time to make the doughnuts at her shop), and three hours later found herself standing at her own front door, confusedly trying to operate the latch.  No recollection of leaving work...no car.  She walked home, abandoning the shop unlocked, etc. 

Off to ER, suspected stroke, possibly Covid related.  That has not been ruled out, but while scanning, they found a mass in her brain.  It has to come out soon, if not immediately...we're waiting for more tests.....one of which came in late yeserday afternoon...a positive for Covid19.

So, she's now in her third day at the hospital, the first in ICU, the second on a Covid ward.  They're hoping it's a false positive, getting more tests, etc.  Don't know that the colloid mass in her brain is the cause of the fugue state episode, or if it was exhaustion/covid related.  She's alone, scared....can't read well because of extreme learning disability....my hot nurse wife is her lifeline, but she's a full time grad student and full time working nurse, in MD not CT, etc...

It's a fargin' mess.

Oh no. Damn. I'm sorry. Wishing her all the best man.

Geowhizzer