We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

9,600-plus today.  That's half the occupancy of a hockey arena.  So in two days an entire arena filled to capacity tested positive here. 

It's not even mind-numbing at this point.  It's just a matter of time before we catch it.  It's unavoidable.   

General_Failure

The WWE brought fans in for the last taping in Orlando, yelled at them to take their masks off, and had 30 employees test positive afterwards.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

I've been laid up with a farged up knee.  Work and home only.  Doctor on Thursday, MRI next week etc.   Advanced degenerative Arthritis was his diagnosis actually.

Anyway, a friend of mine was in town from Fort Lauderdale last weekend. He asked me to go have a couple beers with him last Friday night.  Couldn't make it because of the knee.

He called me a little while ago.  He's got the COVID.  Figures he got it last weekend at the outside bar.  He has asthma and a host of other non life-threatening health issues.  He called me to apologize for being stupid and almost getting me sick (he knows my wife's health issues).  I'm like, dude... just get better.

He's got a low grade fever and aches but that's it so far.  His wife is an RN, so she's keeping a close eye on him.   Scary farging times, everyone.   You never know...

General_Failure

His wife is a nurse and he still went out to the bar?

Diomedes

Nurses aren't all hip to science and husbands don't all listen to their wives.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: General_Failure on June 27, 2020, 09:26:54 PM
His wife is a nurse and he still went out to the bar?

Yes.  She's rich, though.  Daddy left her a bundle.

Rich people don't get sick from the "flu," silly.

Rome

Geowhizzer

SD

Donated blood Monday, Red Cross is now testing blood donations for COVID (I'm negative). Only took a few days to get results back. Anyway free test if anyone is interested. I really thought I had it in February when we got back from Disney but nope.

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

That's the cost of two stimulus payments. I hope you guys saved yours.

SD

Holy shtein this San Diego Karen bitch is batshtein crazy (Trumper/anti Vaxxer/whites are the most discriminated race etc.). Someone started a gofundme for the Starbucks barista and it's almost up to $100k

https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/amber-lynn-gilles-san-diego-karen/

Here's her fb profile she's full blown wacko
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=601056948

Rome

She doesn't know the difference between your and you're.

I deal with enough stupid people in real life.  I'll pass on engaging that turnip. 

PhillyPhreak54

Maybe I'll freak out one day and get a six figure gofundme.

Someone film me watching the Phillies

General_Failure

Start a reaction youtube channel, ham it up, and reap the benefits.