Minnesota Talk

Started by 4and26, December 28, 2008, 08:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

Quote from: shorebird on December 29, 2008, 05:49:07 PM
Screen passes.

Uhhhh, uhyaeyass!

Quote from: EagleFeva on January 05, 2009, 09:17:06 AM
Those runs throughout the game were absolutely neccessary, no matter how many yards they picked up.  They kept the run a threat... and prevented the Vikings from simply pinning their ears back and coming after McNabb... which like IGY said, could've lead to sacks, fumbles, INT's.. even more so than it actually did.  Not to mention, it shortened the game and kept Peterson on the sidelines.

Even if it's not getting anywhere... you've got to keep the run in the back of the minds of the defense to keep that pass rush honest.

Uhyaeyass againass.

NC_Eagle

Didn't get to post this weekend because of computer problems, but WOW good overall game!  The Eagles sticking to a game plan in a close game and winning in the end? That's UNPOSSIBLE!

I say it's the beard!  :paranoid

Did the down-field blocking on Westy's TD reception remind anyone else of the Walsh/Siefert era 49ers? (well, a little anyway)
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

MadMarchHare

It's only possible against the pupil (BTW, did anyone see this from Bill Simmons on Friday?)

Quote** Philly's Andy Reid will be battling former assistant Brad Childress on Sunday in a matchup Peter King described as "teacher vs. pupil." Teacher versus pupil???? That explains everything! Do you think Reid tutored Childress in classes like "Screwing Up a Two-Minute Drill," "Hanging Your QB Out to Dry," "Dumb and Possibly Damaging Field-Goal Attempts," "Idiotic Short-Yardage Calls," "Special Teams Collapses," "How To Blow Your Challenges," "Leaving Yourself With No Timeouts" and "How To Remain Calm As You're Getting Booed By Your Own Fans"?

Bill Simmons kills me.
Anyone but Reid.

Rome

Quote from: reese125 on January 05, 2009, 12:54:36 PM
I dont know if youre piggy-backing my comment, but my remarks were based off of Romes previous assumption that Minny's defense was playing "in the box".

Four defensive linemen, two linebackers playing up close behind the line and another cornerback playing tight on the line of scrimmage opposite Avant.  That's not exactly playing a prevent, reese.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteFREROTTE THINKS HE GAVE VIKINGS "BEST CHANCE TO WIN"
Posted by Mike Florio on January 6, 2009, 10:28 a.m.

So despite declaring in September that Gus Frerotte would be the Vikings' starting quarterback for the rest of the year, coach Brad Childress decided after Frerotte was injured late in the year that the team would ride Tarvaris until the conclusion of the season.

Per Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports (via the Minneapolis Star Tribune), Childress told Frerotte that a "gut feeling" drove the decision to keep Frerotte on the sidelines after the 37-year-old signal-caller's broken back had healed.

"I just don't know what to think right now," Frerotte told Silver after Sunday's game.  "It was a very frustrating experience, because I felt like I should've been the one playing.  That might sound selfish, but I think I would've given us the best chance to win.  I'm going home to St. Louis [on Monday] to be with my family and figure out where things stand, but the way things played out at the end really makes me question things."

Citing unnamed team sources, Silver reports that Jackson had a "deer-in-the-headlights" vibe all afternoon against the Eagles, and that the team's sideline was in "total disarray."

Writes Silver of the overall performance of the players in purple:  "I have a new nickname for that large block of Vikings season-ticket holders (45 percent) that elected not to purchase playoff tickets:  visionaries."

Bottom line?  While it remains unclear whether Jackson will be the starter in 2009, Frerotte's name can be scratched from the list.  There's simply no way that Childress will re-embrace Frerotte based on his decision to, you know, speak the accurate truth.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80df9cea

Some locker room footage after the game. McNabb speech + someone yelling "we're in there like swim wear" :-D

phillymic2000

Some shots of the tailgate and game. Great people up there!

Cold as ish, -2 degrees, -30 windchill. I've never had my beer freeze up on me before. One of the host viking tailgaters who invited us in. They fed us, let us get warm in the tent and we watched the 1st game. With two eagle fans I met up there.

Some crazy but cool Vike fans in our row.

There she is, the lady in the bottom left standing with the skull cap was the one complaining, and there is the vike fan she had kicked out. LOL Beeeatch

Bunkley responding to the chants.

Dawk was possesed as he left the field it was freakin awesome.

A ton of Giants Suck chants from the faithful

phillymic2000

reese125

not for nothing bud...but that shtein looked like the worst tailgater ever

phillymic2000

It was cold as hell, most were inside their tents until about an hour and a half before game time. They had heaters a nice size flat panel, and good food. So for a free tailgate it was aight

reese125

no I hear ya. I know its all about the people your there with and the alcohol/grub thats presented

I guess I was just waiting for a clan of penguins or some sled dogs coming through the parking lot in one of those snapshots

phillymic2000

Quote from: reese125 on January 09, 2009, 06:15:25 PM
no I hear ya. I know its all about the people your there with and the alcohol/grub thats presented

I guess I was just waiting for a clan of penguins or some sled dogs coming through the parking lot in one of those snapshots

Now I know why Gander Mountain, and Bass Pro Shops are so popular, it looked like everyone was going ice fishing

PoopyfaceMcGee

Bill Simmons:

QuoteTarvaris "Taint" Jackson