Detmer - Coming Back

Started by 4and26, January 02, 2007, 09:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Bill

Whats the league minimum for a vet with his tenure?  $900k a season?  To hold a football for PAT's and FG's?

Excuse me while I kill my HS guidance counselor.   :boom
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Eaglez

Yeah, but that salary will probably be pro-rated for the post-season. He won't be paid 900K to hold on a game-by-game basis.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Eaglez on January 02, 2007, 03:54:42 PM
Yeah, but that salary will probably be pro-rated for the post-season. He won't be paid 900K to hold on a game-by-game basis.

Hence the term "season".  Lets say the Eagles play four more games.   :paranoid  Not including any bonuses for the games themselves, he's going to pull in about $45k a game.  That'll buy a lot of King Koybra.

Wingspan

Quote from: Butchers Bill on January 02, 2007, 04:39:21 PM

Hence the term "season".  Lets say the Eagles play four more games.   :paranoid  Not including any bonuses for the games themselves, he's going to pull in about $45k a game.  That'll buy a lot of King Koybra.

actually, it really doesnt matter what his salary is. the players have a set salary for playoff games not determined by their contract. he may get bonuses.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

The BIGSTUD

Best news I've heard in a long time. A playoff run wouldn't be a playoff run without Detmer.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Wingspan on January 02, 2007, 04:41:43 PM
Quote from: Butchers Bill on January 02, 2007, 04:39:21 PM

actually, it really doesnt matter what his salary is. the players have a set salary for playoff games not determined by their contract. he may get bonuses.

Didn't know that.  Point remains he's doing OK for a holder.   :)

PhillyPhreak54

Koy said on WIP that he is the #2 and will come into the game if Garcia goes out for a few plays. Should Garcia be knocked out for the game, Feeley comes in.

QuoteThe 46th player must be the third quarterback. If he enters the game in the first, second or third quarter, the first two quarterbacks may not enter the game. If he enters in the fourth quarter, either of the first two quarterbacks may come back in. The designated third quarterback may only be the quarterback, kicker, holder or punter. He may not play any other position, regardless of his number and he may not be on the field at the same time as either of the first two quarterbacks at any time during the game. If a team has three active quarterbacks as part of its 45-man roster, they are not allowed a 46th player. Overtime is treated the same as if it were the fourth quarter.

The BIGSTUD

I heard as soon as it was officially announced the line went from -6.5 and -13.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MadMarchHare

Look, having Neckbeard back is cool and all.  But Johnson has done a pretty decent job of fielding the shtein the magician has been flinging.  Why farg with what's worked?
Anyone but Reid.

4and26

Quote from: King Cole on January 02, 2007, 04:58:36 PM
I heard as soon as it was officially announced the line went from -6.5 and -13.
:-D
That's good!

Munson

Quote from: MadMarchHare on January 02, 2007, 08:41:32 PM
Look, having Neckbeard back is cool and all.  But Johnson has done a pretty decent job of fielding the shtein the magician has been flinging.  Why farg with what's worked?

Not really...Johnson's botched 3 or 4 holds now this year, including one that led to Akers' first miss under 30 yards. Beat.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

nothin I love more than a good holder controversy. Detmer definately got the nod because AR can't stand the fact that Dirk doesn't even have a celebration dance.

Eaglez

The hold wasn't that bad on Akers missed field goal. Granted, the laces were in but I think Akers rythmn was screwed up because of it and he pulled the ball too much. It looks like he just over-compensated a bit.

Otherwise, the hold was down, the ball looked pretty level, I just think the snap screwed Akers up more than anything.

Diomedes

Whatever his excuse, Akers missed a 23 yard field goal.

He can't be considered one of the best in the league any longer.  that is incredibly accurate.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eaglez

I think Akers should have probably made the FG.

And I agree, Akers has missed some kicks that he should easily have made. Because of this, I don't feel as confident as I used to in Akers ability to make clutch kicks.