Giants Game Thread

Started by 4and26, December 11, 2005, 04:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fan_Since_64

Quote from: Sun_Mo on December 12, 2005, 08:39:32 AM
Does anybody care that the Eagles were showing Feely's chokejobs against Seattle before he kicked the OT winner?  I thought it was funny, but didn't think twice otherwise.  But of course WIP is talking about it and Reuben Frank had a little thing about it.  I really didn't think it was a big deal.  Does anybody care either way?

Funny thing is, The Star-Ledger (Newark, NJ) had an article about it this morning, and at least one of the Giants got a good laugh out of it. Much ado about nothing, if you ask me!

Oh, and I thought it was pretty clever.  ;)

Beermonkey

Quote from: mhunt on December 12, 2005, 09:28:14 AM
Quote from: Beermonkey on December 11, 2005, 08:52:15 PM
Quote from: mhunt on December 11, 2005, 07:57:02 PM
Quote from: Beermonkey on December 11, 2005, 07:54:32 PM
Quote from: mhunt on December 11, 2005, 07:50:18 PM
mcmahon is a friggin spaz.

and did any of you hear aikman talking about how reid was talking up reggie brown...saying he could be a #1 wr?  (happened earlier in the game, btw)
king andy is setting us up for the offseason. :boo :boo

Knew that comment would bring out certain people.

people who heard reid talk about the "fine" wr corps of thrash & pinkston for 3 years?  :-D

No, I meant the easily-manipulated type.  :-D

apparently you slept through the years 2000-2002 when reid was saying the same thing about thrash & pinkston.

btw, you didn't miss much.

Oh, I remember those years well & actually those guys were "fine" up until they got exposed against Carolina. In fact, I don't remember Reid having to defend them & say they were "fine" until after the Carolina NFCC clusterfarg, whereafter he dumped Thrash & brought in Owens, thereby making him a liar.

I just wouldn't read too much into what was said second-hand during yesterday's game. I knew as soon as it was said, it was going to set off some fans or fuel on those that like to antagonize.

mussa

the over-whelming Reno touches yesterday drove me nuts.  Moats had over 100 yrds and 2 tds, yet they gave the ball to Mahe more than him.  Mahe looks like a high- school football player out there.  whats the deal with that!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyGirl

While I agree Mahe shouldn't be on the team, yesterday's performance wasn't bad at all. At least not to be ripping him on it.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

DutchBird

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 12, 2005, 11:04:42 AM
While I agree Mahe shouldn't be on the team, yesterday's performance wasn't bad at all. At least not to be ripping him on it.

My sentiments as well...
You have New York, we have Amsterdam
Just 15,000 Dutch beat out 90,000 Americans

With Timmy, one of three things is going to happen. Somebody is going to get hurt - it's either going to be him, an opponent, or one of our players.

Wingspan

there is a group of fans who will rip anything, no matter how stupid the ripping would be. they are like parrots. mahe averaged 6 yards a touch yesterday...any yet you hear the same thing over and over again.

they probably root against mahe when he carries the ball just so they can squawk about how right they were.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyGirl

Reno was actually running over people yesterday. I didn't see him getting any big blocks. I did see Moats get one hell of a big block from Parry on one of the 2 TD runs.

Yes, Mahe dropped the ball, but he didn't lose any fumbles, so it doesn't matter.

The guy played a good game against a defense that is supposed to be one of the better ones in the NFL.

Today is NOT a day to be ripping him. Sorry.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

Quote from: Wingspan on December 12, 2005, 12:04:46 PM

there is a group of fans who will rip anything, no matter how stupid the ripping would be. they are like parrots. mahe averaged 6 yards a touch yesterday...any yet you hear the same thing over and over again.

they probably root against mahe when he carries the ball just so they can squawk about how right they were.

wah.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

mussa

it seemed like mahe got the ball more than moats and gordon, moats was having a great day...wanted to see the ball in his hands more than mahe.  mahe did an ok job. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyGirl

6 ypc is better than an okay job and certainly nothing to be ripping on him for.

hunt

mahe did okay.
i don't think moats knows all the plays yet so mahe was in there on pass plays...i'm not sure what the story is with gordon.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mhunt on December 12, 2005, 12:29:34 PM
i'm not sure what the story is with gordon.

Neither am I. When they used him and Westbrook in those 2 games, he was really solid for them. Then Reid stops using him and puts him on KRs?

I'm confused on it. I loved what I saw as a 1-2 punch from Westy and Gordon in those 2 games, starting with GB.

rjs246

I'd just like to say that Mike McMahon should be launched into the sun.

That's all.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

Oh yeah, and Mahe sucks. I don't care if he had one above average game. He eats ass by the pound.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5