UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Rome

We watched that last night after the Phillies game.  I lost 20 bucks on Cro Cop.  I talked shtein about him for an hour leading up to that fight and he goes out and got the hell beat out of him.

LOL!  Gotta love MMA.  Dook looks invincible right up to the point he takes a kick to the ear and then it's lights out.

Arlovski fight sucked ass.  It looked like an overhyped boxing match where the two Hoydas in the ring don't wanna get hit so they stand back and jab at each other.  Weak.

Seabiscuit36

Rogan was screaming about how his knee and ankle went the wrong direction.  I didnt see it till later but that was friggin nasty, i have no idea how mirko even got up and was supporting his own weight.  Great kick by gonzaga
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

the knee was the first thing i saw on the replay, i can't believe he was able to walk out after the match...

it was funny, because me and a buddy were watching all night, and he looked at his cell phone for a call at the exact moment when Gonzaga kicked Cro Crop, ha

oh, and that amp'd mobile commercial with the asian guy rapping in the bathroom was funny as shtein
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MURP

Chuck Liddell is going to be in this weeks episode of Entourage.  Looks like Johnny Drama and Chuck have a beef.  ha. 

Seabiscuit36

any word on Cro Cop's ankle/knee?

QuoteOn April 21, 2007, Mirko faced Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 70 in Manchester, England. Gonzaga delivered a right roundkick to Filipović's head, knocking him unconscious at 4:51 in the first round. Video replay showed Filipović's right knee and leg twisted at almost 180 degrees as he fell to the ground. This led the ringside announcer Joe Rogan to speculate that Cro Cop might have suffered serious injuries beyond just losing consciousness. After being revived by the medical personnel, however, Filipović was able to stand and give an interview, as well as walk back to the locker room. Early indications are that he avoided serious injury, though he will undergo an MRI in April 24 as a precautionary measure.[
Thanks Wiki
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Feva

I finally got to watch UFC 70.  Unbelievable!

Cro Cop's ankle was one of the worst contortions I've seen in a long time.  How his ankle didn't snap, I don't know.

Michael Bisping is a beast.  He completely destroyed Elvis.  Outside of the knee he got caught with... classic ground and pound.

This makes two Arlovski fights in a row I've watched that were just boring as shtein.  I ended up fast forwarding through the 3rd round because I knew it was going to decision.  I don't know what it is, but he's lost it.

TUF 6 will be Hughes and Serra as the coaches.  Serra's just sitting on cloud 9 right now.  I think Hughes is gonna run right through him.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

recent main event video from Cage Rage 21.  Tank Abbot vs. Gary Turner.   Check out Tank drinking a beer after the fight.  ha.

Video

phillymic2000

wow, what a joke he has become, kind of like Tyson, throws a couple murderous bombs and then is done. I like the beer.

MURP

awesome video:   The art of the slam    Video

MURP

here ya go Feva, this fight is getting even better......

- RASHAD EVANS: "TITO ORTIZ HAS NIGHTMARES ABOUT ME"

QuoteBy now, most fans have either read or heard through some type of media that there was an altercation between Tito Ortiz and Rashad Evans at UFC 69. Rashad joined the guys on MMAWeekly's SoundOff Radio to clear the air and to let fans know what really happened that night between him and Ortiz.

"What it all comes down to is just Tito Ortiz trying to intimidate me, you know. He passed by the front row...he passed by a few times, and you could tell that he was building up the courage to say something, just like in high school," said Rashad. "It was just killing him to say something. But then finally he builds up the courage to come over and he sticks his hand out and he says, 'Good luck with your training, and you'd better watch what you say.'"

Rashad responded to Ortiz by saying, "You're not going to tell me what I can and can't say...I'll say whatever I want to say. I'm a grown man, nobody puts a leash on me."

Rashad continued, "And then I got in his ear and I told him I was going to destroy him, I was going to eat him. I told him that he is washed up; he's a has-been. That's exactly what I said. But I said it to him, in his ear, so he was the only one who could hear what was going on...he was looking to try to intimidate me and I was going to have none of that."

After that verbal exchange came a shoulder shrug from Rashad saying "come on," followed by a push from Ortiz. That is as far as the physical altercation went that night, but it was likely enough to provide an added incentive for each man when in training camp preparing for one another.

Still more than two months out, this fight is already building serious hype around it, and it should, because the winner of this fight will likely gain top-contender status in the UFC light-heavyweight division and thus earn a chance to fight either Quinton Jackson or current champion Chuck Liddell, depending on which of those men wins on May 26th.

As if this fight needs any more hype, one other point of controversy between Ortiz and Evans is around a comment apparently posted by Tito on an Internet forum. According to reports, Ortiz called Rashad a "nappy-headed ho." Clearly Tito was regurgitating verbiage from Don Imus, the recently fired morning show host when he made this statement, but in reality only Tito knows his true intentions.

Rashad responded to Ortiz's comment by saying, "Whether he was trying to be racist, or whether he was trying to be funny, I think it was just in bad taste, period. Just because of the whole situation that happened."

When these two men do meet in the Octagon on July 7th, whether either man makes it personal or not, this fight will definitely be a spirited one. Ortiz desperately needs this win over Evans if he has any hopes of being even a #1 contender in the near future, and Rashad needs to beat the former champion to propel himself to top contender status for a shot at the light-heavyweight championship.

With this much buildup still two months out, fans can almost assuredly expect to see more trash talk and bad blood between these two talented men in the near future as fight night creeps closer.

"One thing that he knows is that he's afraid. When the lights go out and when Jenna's holding him at nighttime, he wakes up and he has nightmares about me, I know it," Rashad said.

MURP

oh by the way Feva,  I see that Sean Salmon is on the undercard for UFC 71... so I guess he isnt dead.  ha. 

mussa

Quote from: MURP on May 02, 2007, 05:28:16 PM
awesome video:   The art of the slam    Video

who are the two black guys? those guys were crazy!

but really Dan Severn was the OG slammer from old school Ultimate Fighter
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

One of them is Quentin"Rampage" Jackson.  He will be fighting Chuck Liddell for the championship in this upcoming UFC.  Rampage is famous for his crazy slams.   I fairly certain other is Marvin Eastman because of the yellow hair. 

mussa

Ultimate Fighter was weak tonight, but nxt week is going to be killer.

Oh I love Chuck Liddell, but Rampage I think is gonna win. The only way Liddell wins is if he knocks him out.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"