Recording Eagles games to DVD

Started by MURP, July 26, 2006, 02:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

anyone have advice for a good dvd recorder that can record Eagles games without the compression making it look like ass?  anybody record it to a computer hard drive and burn it that way after compressing?  im looking for any options people have tried. 

Diomedes

and once you figure all that out, I'm first in line for copies.  thanks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i have a stand alone dvd recorder that i use...basically it comes out the same quality as what was on the tape...at least theres no noticable difference
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

My friend uses the Samsung DVD recorder that upconverts to 720p HD.  He runs the HD Cable directly from his comcast receiver to the Samsung and uses it to record Flyers fights.  He just records the game on the comcast DVR and copies it to the DVD recorder
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

oh hes talking about recording games that havent been played yet?

my bad

Phanatic

I use one of these with pretty good results off of the TV.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1423464&Sku=S167-4042

Though I tried to grab the Sopranos and found that they added the signal scramble which can be bypassed with a little black box thingy of some sort. Haven't gotten my shtein together to be able to grab that kind of stuff yet but regular shows on the network haven't been a problem and tha Tivo even has a function for putting up a title of what you want to record.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Wingspan

i just make sure i tivo them at maximum quality. and then put them on dvd at max quality.

and i havent had a problem. it looks the same as the TV broadcast. (not HD mind you, those DVRs are too high right now)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

can you burn stuff from dvr to dvd as simply as you can record from tv to vhs

Wingspan

no, it takes years to master the art of hitting the little red button.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

MURP

thanks for the info fellas.

wingspan-  4 hours at max quality fits onto a dvd looking good?  i was under the impression that recording long times like that would make the quality junk. 

Wingspan

Quote from: MURP on July 26, 2006, 04:11:11 PM
thanks for the info fellas.

wingspan-  4 hours at max quality fits onto a dvd looking good?  i was under the impression that recording long times like that would make the quality junk. 

the games i have converted to DVD i have split up onto two discs to keep the quality.

and i pause through commecials...my dvd recorder puts in chapter break on pauses from the remote.
Connection Problems

Diomedes

all y'all need to post lists of the games you have, so I can make an order.

i'll  pay cost of  materials and shipping, you donate the time to get them made and shipped out.  deal?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Wingspan

Connection Problems

SunMo

certainly you can present a bill for such services; after all... we are not Communists.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.