League Idea

Started by Tomahawk, July 08, 2004, 08:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey418

Argh...but if we add defensive players it's just going to take the draft that much longer...
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

MURP

Quote from: mikey418 on July 09, 2004, 08:02:07 AM
Argh...but if we add defensive players it's just going to take the draft that much longer...

yeah... 6 rounds or so longer.   :paranoid

PhillyPhreak54

I'm down for doing that. It'll be a nice change o' pace from the norm. Back in the day I played a league with IDP's and it was cool.

I don't care if the draft wil be longer, so long as everyone stays on top of the situation, it should be a'ight.

Plus it makes drafting more of a challenge. ;D

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Tomahawk on July 08, 2004, 09:26:11 PM
Quote from: MURP on July 08, 2004, 09:13:19 PM
im down with individual Defensive players.  As long as you set their point value right its fine.  

1 pt Solo Tackle
2 pt Sack
4 pt Interception
6 pt TD

No points for forced fumble and/or fumble recovery?  What about 1/2 sacks and asst tackles?   Maybe there should be a "Mamula" type scoring system so that a player gets some points for QB Hurries.    ;)

RomeyRome

Quote from: MURP on July 09, 2004, 08:29:50 AM
Quote from: mikey418 on July 09, 2004, 08:02:07 AM

yeah... 6 rounds or so longer.   :paranoid

Considering we started the draft almost 2 months early last year, and have plenty of time it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'm down for either way, but the individual defensive players sounds like a refreshing change.

joneszilla

Defensive players are cool.  I used to play that way back when the Sandbox FF was free.  Does Yahoo have that option?

RomeyRome

Quote from: joneszilla on July 09, 2004, 03:33:53 PM
Defensive players are cool.  I used to play that way back when the Sandbox FF was free.  Does Yahoo have that option?

Check out this link:
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/football/frules/frules-09.html

It gives custom options for:

QuoteDefensive teams: Touchdowns
Fumbles recovered
Interceptions
Sacks
Safeties
Blocked kicks
Points allowed

Defensive players: Touchdowns
Solo tackles
Assisted tackles
Fumbles forced
Fumbles recovered
Interceptions
Passes defended
Sacks
Safeties
Blocked kicks

So it seems to have both

Diomedes

link

The defensive roster slots we can make available are:

Defense:    0-3 teams
— OR —
0-7 individual players
0-5 defensive linemen
0-5 defensive backs
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

joneszilla

Quote0-7 individual players
0-5 defensive linemen
0-5 defensive backs

Ok.  I guess we would have to decide if we would use just any defensive players or have specific positions.? i.e. 1 d-lineman, 1 dback, 1 any.

RomeyRome

Quote from: joneszilla on July 09, 2004, 03:45:05 PM

Quote0-7 individual players
0-5 defensive linemen
0-5 defensive backs

Ok.  I guess we would have to decide if we would use just any defensive players or have specific positions.? i.e. 1 d-lineman, 1 dback, 1 any.

That's probably what would happen, 1 DL, 1 DB, and then a "flex" for the defense because then each person has to determine what is more important to them, a DL who can consistently get sacks (fewer points), or a DB who can get more INTs (more points but happens MUCH less often), or even a LB who maybe is known for getting sacks and can still get a INT here and there.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 09, 2004, 10:10:51 AM
Quote from: Tomahawk on July 08, 2004, 09:26:11 PM
Quote from: MURP on July 08, 2004, 09:13:19 PM
im down with individual Defensive players.  As long as you set their point value right its fine.  

1 pt Solo Tackle
2 pt Sack
4 pt Interception
6 pt TD

No points for forced fumble and/or fumble recovery?  What about 1/2 sacks and asst tackles?   Maybe there should be a "Mamula" type scoring system so that a player gets some points for QB Hurries.    ;)

Damn, I knew I was forgetting something.

3 pts for fumble recovery

We didn't play with any points for a forced fumble, but I always thought that should be worth at least 2 pts.

Tomahawk

The way I prefer is to use 3 Def. Flex positions. That way you can choose whomever you want and needn't worry about his position.

joneszilla

Quote from: Tomahawk on July 09, 2004, 04:32:01 PM
The way I prefer is to use 3 Def. Flex positions. That way you can choose whomever you want and needn't worry about his position.

i like that idea.  :yay