What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Kyuss - discography on Grooveshark

Also made a Cypress Hill pandora channel for shteins and giggles and it was really good  :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

been listening to a lot of cal tjader lately...damn was he good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Quote from: Don Ho on January 09, 2011, 05:07:37 AM
Quote from: Eagaholic on January 06, 2011, 08:57:36 AM
Dusting off some old school. Tower of Power - keep your monster on a leash. Usually not big on brass sections, but there's none tighter. Great stuff.

They still tour.  Out here not to long ago.  Bay Areas finest.

Yeah, I checked to see if they'd be anywhere near me but they won't. Amazing they have been able to keep the sound they want so consistent over decades with all the different musicians coming and going.

smeags

97.5 the fanatic.

via the "tunein" radio app.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 14, 2011, 11:17:12 AM
been listening to a lot of cal tjader lately...damn was he good

IGY...that is a name I may have only seen one other time in my life. Just youtubed him...farging dope.

IGY, IGY, IGY Smalls is the illest.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

I think mussa and I share almost identical music taste.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Diomedes

wife and child out of town means I can listen to loud music all day all week 

today it's a Patti Smith Saturday...cued up Horses, Dream of Life, Easter, and Radio Ethiopia

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

I'll be over in a few minutes sweet stuff
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

OMG White Stripes

if you ain't gonna use it just give it to us

Rome

In what has to be one of the more bizarre moments in music history, Trent Reznor just won a farging Golden Globe for the film score for The Social Network.

To make matters more strange, he was wearing a monkey suit when he accepted the statue.

Wow.

mussa

I didn't see the movie, so I have no idea what it was like. I can say though that he is a musical genius, love him or hate him, so I'm not that surprised. He's done many soundtracks, video games etc...I'm not sure how this is strange. Maybe the fact that it was strange and not the same old shtein won him the award?

Found a sampler:

http://stereogum.com/514101/download-trent-reznor-emthe-social-networkem-film-score/mp3s/

Rome

The guy who sang, "I want to farg you like an animal" was standing on-stage at the Golden Globe awards in a tuxedo.

Yep, you're right, Mussa - not an unusual moment at all.