What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Baroness - Blue Album - these guys rock the farg out. can't believe i am only discovering them now.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

them crooked vultures. dave grohl, john paul jones and josh homme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7_vH3H8LPI

Seabiscuit36

Solange Knowles covers Dirty Projectors- Stillness is the Move

I liked the orig version, but she does a great job of covering it, and apparently got Jay Z into indie music..oh noes
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Them Crooked Vultures CD is excellent  :yay :yay

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: mussa on October 23, 2009, 09:45:55 AM
Bad-A version of Black Keys song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luwp5iZD8wQ&feature=player_embedded
Id recommend the new compilation album by them that comes out officially black friday:  BlakRoc
"BlakRoc," Brainchild of The Black Keys and Damon Dash, Releases on "Blak Friday"
BlakRoc [cover]

The brainchild of The Black Keys and Damon Dash, BlakRoc Records will release BlakRoc on "Black Friday" (a.k.a. "Blak Friday"), November 27, the day after Thanksgiving. The album will be an exclusive to iTunes digitally upon its initial release.

Produced and featuring music by The Black Keys, BlakRoc hosts a star-studded line up of MCs including Mos Def, Q-Tip, RZA, Raekwon, Pharoahe Monch, Jim Jones, NOE, Nicole Wray, and Billy Danze. Of the album, The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, who also provides vocals on several tracks, said "no samples were used on the record, it's all live instruments and live vocals." The Seattle Times calls it the "most interesting hip-hop approach" of the year.

The release of the album coincides with the release of the special edition 2010 BlakRoc Chevy Camaro, complete with a black finish, black metallic wheels, tinted windows, and the "BR" BlakRoc logo inlayed front and center. The BlakRoc Camaro is available for purchase via Carl Black Chevrolet in Atlanta, Georgia, and Nashville, Tennessee, and through blakroccamaro.com.

Below is the Blakroc track list:

1. On the Vista, with Mos Def
    2. Hard Times, with NOE
    3. Dollaz & Sense, with Pharoahe Monch, RZA, and Dan Auerbach
    4. Why Can't I Forget Him, with Nicole Wray
    5. Stay Off the F*%$#n' Flowers, w/ Raekwon
    6. Ain't Nothing Like You (Hoochie Coo), with Jim Jones, Mos Def, and Dan Auerbach
    7. Hope You're Happy, with Billy Danze, Nicole Wray, and Q-Tip
    8. Tellin' Me Things, with RZA
    9. What You Do to Me, with Billy Danze, Jim Jones, Nicole Wray, and Dan Auerbach
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

I got it last week from a friend, it leaked. Its better than any rock/hip hop infusion project I have ever heard. Def solid cd :yay

*and there are 11 tracks on the copy I got

Seabiscuit36

same here, i just tried to find a quick article about it. 

Drunkmasterflex

Just got it in the mail, there are only 11 tracks.  Everything I have heard so far is very good. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

so im watching the rock n roll HOF show on hbo

who is that little trick that plays bass for jeff beck....i hate children but i might drop a seed inside her
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

is she well known or known at all as being a good bassist...i have to imagine shes like a prodigy or something being a female and like 15 years old
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

she's best known for being hot I think.

look at those jugs, my god I could play all day

but yah, she's also some kind of prodigy or something.  you'll find all kinds of crap about her if you bother to look beyond this board.  also, she's been mentioned here before...I can't recall where, perhaps in Demon's most recent, aborted, march babeness thread.  I think I posted it.

mussa

Kylesa - Static Tension - loving the whole southern metal/doom/sludge sounding bands like Mastodon, Baroness and these guys/and girl.
Eddie Vedder - Into the Wild Soundtrack - excellent cd, just finally got around to getting it.

Them Cooked Vultures have been on repeat alot lately. It took me a few listens to really get into it, but I think its def. in my top 10 cd's of 2009 if not top 5. I have to compile my list...

Speaking of if anyone wants to play along. Post your fav cds from 2009, lets say Top 9 songs from 2009: