What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

MURP

Diomedes

Sounds like the kind of band Bush Cheney and Rumsfield would like.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 21, 2007, 04:29:09 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 20, 2007, 06:28:52 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 19, 2007, 02:51:28 PM
Dire Straits eponymous debut album.

I want my....
I want my....
I want my MTV.

Not in that album.  ;)

That's always the first song that comes to mind whenever someone mentions Dire Straights. 

Diomedes

And it's a damn shame that it is, too.  They made some excellent music, songs which make that one look like the gimmick/accidental one hit wonder that it was.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

"Black Friday" just rolled through the iPod.

I didn't even realize I had any Steely Dan on this unit.  Nice surprise.   :yay

Munson

Alkaline Trio-My Friend Peter

I need a beer, to wash it away without a trace
And I'll drink 23 more to whipe this
Stupid smile off my fargin face
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

Just added Aenima to the catalog.  I'll have everything Tool has put out by end of tomorrow.  Then I'll be digesting it for a few months.

I never realized how serious this stuff is.  Thought the band was just another flash in the pan metal act the kids liked.  Boy, was I wrong.

Quasimoto

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine

ice grillin you

the nonce - advanced state of aggression
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

bloc party - weekend in the city

MURP

Blinded Colony - Bedtime Prayers

mussa

Quote from: Diomedes on February 22, 2007, 09:59:51 AM
Just added Aenima to the catalog.  I'll have everything Tool has put out by end of tomorrow.  Then I'll be digesting it for a few months.

I never realized how serious this stuff is.  Thought the band was just another flash in the pan metal act the kids liked.  Boy, was I wrong.

They are the complete polar opposite of all that crap.  AEnima is my fav. and always has been.  I was always back and forth on which album I liked the most. It really depends on your mood. AEnima though always was my fav. The new CD is pretty damn close though, if they would of had a few extra songs, then I think 10k days would of taken the cake.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes