What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

hmmmm... which of those is unlike the other?

mussa

yea not sure why i threw that in there, just meshed well with song before, being kinda heavy.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

BlueHeart

Quote from: MURP on January 23, 2007, 02:59:04 PM
Quote from: BlueHeart on January 23, 2007, 02:45:49 PM

Currently playing: Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast.

nice.

Maybe we can be friends, even if you root for this person:

Ya know, in all the times I've seen that picture, I never noticed the guy who is pointing has fingernails like a chick.

Slayer - Reign In Blood... to finish up my work day.
Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

Quasimoto

A name and avatar change for my man Lord Quas!

Quasimoto - The Unseen

Zanshin

I've been listening to my pregnant wife piss and moan constantly.  It's hardcore.

Diomedes

You and Demon have no shame.  It's embarrassing.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: BlueHeart on January 23, 2007, 12:43:29 PM
Pink Floyd - The Wall

I listen to DSOTM, Wish You Were Here, Animals & The Wall on shuffle on my iPod.  It's cool hearing the songs in an order that's different than the album titles.

SunMo

Quote from: Diomedes on January 23, 2007, 02:22:24 PM
The Wall is the point Floyd went from GREAT to MEH.  Pre-Wall Floyd is just awesome.  Post Wall is so-so.  A few songs here and there that are alright, but on the whole, doesn't hold a candle to what they once were.

I stopped listening to The Wall before I was out of high school, once I discovered Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, Piper at the Gates of Dawn, etc.

Final Cut is in my top 3 favorite Floyd albums
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Father Demon

Quote from: Diomedes on January 24, 2007, 03:20:49 PM
You and Demon have no shame.  It's embarrassing.

I told you.  I have a little.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Diomedes

You're right, Final Cut is good.  But it is so farging depressing that I just can't stand it.   For that reason, I ignore it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

yeah, its definitely not feel good music
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

I always used to laugh at the goth kids and tell them it they really like being depressed, they should get a magnum of cheap red wine and take three or four runs through The Final Cut.  That shtein puts any dumb ass goth band to shame in terms of misery.

PhillyPhanInDC

Dio, what did you think of Opiate?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Diomedes

Nothing.  I don't know it.  Edumacate me.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Diomedes on January 20, 2007, 10:41:22 AM
Just ripped Tool's Opiate from a friend's library.  Unfortunately, that's all he had.  But it's a start.

Duh. Gosh.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.