Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Slayer- Christ Illusion
Hatebreed- Supremacy
Strapping Young Lad- The New Black
Naglfar- Pariah
Nuclear Assault- Survive

Diomedes

Skull Snaps.  Funk outfit that dropped only one album, which rappers have been mining forever.  Pretty good album.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

On my 17 hour adventure down to Orlando, I realized about 2 hours in that I forgot my CD's to keep me awake.  My wife's CD's all suck so i was forced to flip though garbage commercial stations to find something to listen to.

Then, through a bit of luck, I found disc 1 of Life After Death under my seat.  I put that in and listened to it over and over for about 6 hours.

If there was a list of CD's that you don't mind listening to over and over, Life After Death is near the top.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

The second side of Ritual de la Habitual is high on my list of "could listen to this forever."   Massive Attacks "Mezzanine," comes to mind as well.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Skull Snaps.  Funk outfit that dropped only one album, which rappers have been mining forever.

the album really hasnt been sampled much at all as much as 'its a new day' and its drum break....other than james browns 'funky drummer' break perhaps the most sampled drums of all-time

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

why do they call it a "break."  I don't get that.  Is that slang for a beat?

ice grillin you

a break is where all parts of a song except for one stop

the song takes a 'break' except for one particular instrument....usually its the drums

the most famous as i said is the break from james browns 'funky drummer'

mussa

Quote from: Diomedes on August 09, 2006, 11:00:28 AM
The second side of Ritual de la Habitual is high on my list of "could listen to this forever."   Massive Attacks "Mezzanine," comes to mind as well.

Awesome album. Add Blood Sugar Sex Majik by Chili peppers to my list
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Reidme

CASH - Final Recordings, The Wreckers ?, and Jack Johnson - the Yellow covered one ......
The NFL old standard.

ice grillin you

for anyone thats cares/is interested in these breaks...if not at least add two classic songs to your hard drive

james brown 'funky drummer'....the famous break comes with 1:27 left in the track

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=83DA685F3D5B7DB9

skull snaps "its a new day"....it famous break literally begins the song

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=8FEC186D2F42D969

Diomedes

I've already got both songs.  Thanks for the lesson.

Wingspan

Quote from: Reidme on August 09, 2006, 08:41:00 PM
CASH - Final Recordings, The Wreckers ?, and Jack Johnson - the Yellow covered one ......

i bought the jack johsnon cd on a whim last week...i've been impressed so far..i dont usually listen to mellow stuff...but i took a liking to it.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

I've been listening to Blackalicious, The Craft.

Not the greatest production I've ever heard, but significantly more intelligent lyrics than the norm and there are some very good tunes to be found on there.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

Quote from: Wingspan on August 10, 2006, 09:01:24 AM
Quote from: Reidme on August 09, 2006, 08:41:00 PM

i bought the jack johsnon cd on a whim last week...i've been impressed so far..i dont usually listen to mellow stuff...but i took a liking to it.

I like Jack Johnson.

Diomedes