What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

^^^^
you need to get the remixes from that album...they are legendary

also fishscale is really dope...to soon to judge its replay value but its easily ghosts best since supreme clientele
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 30, 2006, 12:06:44 PM
also fishscale is really dope...to soon to judge its replay value but its easily ghosts best since supreme clientele

was just about to post about this.  been listening for the last 2 days and it's definitely his best in years.  only been through the entire thing once but it'll definitely be in rotation for a while.

Fan_Since_64

Quote from: Zanshin on February 17, 2006, 02:57:35 PM
Quote from: Fan_Since_64 on February 17, 2006, 02:40:23 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on February 17, 2006, 02:22:29 PM

You might want to start with Walk On, Bring the Family, Slow Turning, or The Best of John Hiatt.  I turned Yeti on to Hiatt awhile back, and he seemed to dig it.

Great, I'll add those to my list. Usually, with an artist I'm not familiar with, I'll take the "Best of..." route, and if I like what I hear, then I'll start compiling recommended albums.

Cool. Let me know if you like it.  Then I'll reach out to John for a commission.

Hey Zanshin, you can reach out for that commission.  ;) I finally went out CD-shopping over the weekend and picked up "The Best of John Hiatt". Definitely some good stuff there, I'll be exploring further. Thanks for the recommendation!  :yay

phattymatty

Quote"Equal parts coke-fueled paranoia, oddball humor and a lesson on the metric system." - Rolling Stone Magazine on Ghostface Killah's new album, Fishscale.

That's perfect.

Zanshin

Quote from: Fan_Since_64 on April 03, 2006, 01:02:05 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on February 17, 2006, 02:57:35 PM
Quote from: Fan_Since_64 on February 17, 2006, 02:40:23 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on February 17, 2006, 02:22:29 PM

You might want to start with Walk On, Bring the Family, Slow Turning, or The Best of John Hiatt.  I turned Yeti on to Hiatt awhile back, and he seemed to dig it.

Great, I'll add those to my list. Usually, with an artist I'm not familiar with, I'll take the "Best of..." route, and if I like what I hear, then I'll start compiling recommended albums.

Cool. Let me know if you like it.  Then I'll reach out to John for a commission.

Hey Zanshin, you can reach out for that commission.  ;) I finally went out CD-shopping over the weekend and picked up "The Best of John Hiatt". Definitely some good stuff there, I'll be exploring further. Thanks for the recommendation!  :yay

No problemo.  Check your PM. ;-)

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

^^^^^^^^^^
LOOK at that farging flag

anyway heres my jammy of the week

omar creedle author of the all time classic 'times up' but here backed up by the god primo on 'my world'....sick head nodder....

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1I3QN5G15JY8Y14ZRGWSZOOQDW
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 08, 2006, 11:59:35 PM
^^^^^^^^^^
LOOK at that farging flag

I don't see what you're seeing.  What's the big deal?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

Lacuna Coil - Karmacode

(hasn't left the CD player in the car for 2 weeks)  :yay
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mussa

Red Hot Chili.....new single, Dani California. awesome video too.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

Billie Holliday...some great stuff.

MadMarchHare

Joshua Redman - Moodswings.

Not quite Sanborn, but pretty close.
Anyone but Reid.

phattymatty

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SunMo

Led Zeppelin - BBC Sessions, maybe the greatest collection of their live work, one of their best cds
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.