What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

he went down like a sack of shtein off a tailgate
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

Maynards latest side project Puscifer "V is for Vagina" came out on the 30th, just got it today. Much different than his other stuff, much more mello.

mussa

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 06, 2007, 03:01:48 PM
Maynards latest side project Puscifer "V is for Vagina" came out on the 30th, just got it today. Much different than his other stuff, much more mello.

Ive heard a few tracks, pretty cool  :yay

Vid link:
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=21486757
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

Is it more like A Perfect Circle or even more mello?  I know its probably not your guys favorite, but Passive to me is one of my favorite songs. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

Passive is an awesome song. he actually wrote that song with trent reznor and it was supposed to be released with other songs on a side project that never went down(too many egos with maynard and reznor) called Tapworm. Reznor was actually upset about giving it up to APC to use on the cover album.

I listened to V for Vagina on itunes and overall its nothing like TOOL or APC. Nothing.  I'd say its more trip hop than anything. If your expecting it to sound like his other stuff then forget it. Knowing that its not half bad, but def. different. If you want to look it up just search Puscifer on in the itunes store.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

I have "American Beauty" playing on the iPod right now.

Diomedes

Black Mountain
The Valley
Drive Like Jehu
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Brand New-Play Crack The Sky
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EJxaL6iN534

Not a real video, just some homemade one by someone. Still love the song. Video's actually kinda well done.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

mussa

is that all you listen too, jesus

SunMo

XM channel 59, XM LED

all Led Zeppelin, all the time
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

Avenged Sevenfold-A Little Piece Of Heaven
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7xp8lh5rm6A

I don't like Avenged Sevenfold much....at all. A few songs here or there. But this song sounds like Danny Elfman wrote all the music for it. Pretty cool combination.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Seabiscuit36

Wu-Tang Clan   8 Diagrams   :yay
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i was reading that on the current van halen tour one of the bandmates sons is in the group...what is the reason for not having the whole band back together...did one of the original members die?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 03, 2007, 03:21:24 PM
i was reading that on the current van halen tour one of the bandmates sons is in the group...what is the reason for not having the whole band back together...did one of the original members die?

It is Eddie Van Halen's son (Wolfgang, I believe).  I think that Michael Anthony ended up siding with Sammy Hagar, and that was that.  Whatever the cause, he was fired and replaced.