Week 9 - Chargers: Hooray, Sports

Started by MDS, October 31, 2021, 04:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Chargers are in a must win situation. New coach same story - fast start and then start sliding.

Their run defense is not good. If Sirianni stays with the run they could keep it close

MDS

if they win this game they have a real path to playoff contention

im not sure if thats a good thing but itll be a thing
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagaholic

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 31, 2021, 08:17:52 PM

Their run defense is not good. If Sirianni stays with the run they could keep it close
Yup, rush defense is dead last, more than 14 yds/g worse than Houston. Sirianni needs to take it out of Hurts' hands a few times each half, especially if looking down the right sideline remains Hurts' first read.

Diomedes

I don't know why you wouldn't give Hurts the green light to run pretty much whenever he can...it's not like he's the franchise.  If the threat he'll run can help, then leverage it.

If he gets hurt, Minshew plays.  Fine.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Diomedes on November 01, 2021, 03:08:02 PM
I don't know why you wouldn't give Hurts the green light to run pretty much whenever he can...it's not like he's the franchise.  If the threat he'll run can help, then leverage it.

If he gets hurt, Minshew plays.  Fine.
I'm fine if he takes off to run into daylight for a CHUNK play. But I'd like to see more straight rb runs. The Oline has been a revolving door mash unit for years now and can't jell (Lions game aside). they've  used tons of RPOs, tunnel screens, Hurts unnecessarily fleeing the pocket early and either running or suddenly pulling up and passing. It's tough on an Oline. Illegal man down field; holding; off sides etc. Hurts gets skittish and the Oline can't really jell with all this stuff going on. Running the ball lets them settle and get in rhythm. I think if you can do that for a couple of weeks against bad run defenses it can give confidence moving forward. At least as long as we dont see Mailata at center and Herbig at LT and Lovato at RT.

Don Ho

If this game was at SoFi wife and I would be all over this.  Friend lives in Hollywood Hills and always traveling, standing offer to use his crib.  Descent tickets would be $50 by Sunday AM.

WTF happened to Bionic?  LA's finest!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Next part of hurts game - learning how to hit open receivers on big plays.  Charles Davis
said that!  Ya think? 

Don Ho

Let's see if he can hit Davonte in stride for the first time since week 1

PhillyPhreak54

Bout to let them go 99

Stupid soft ass coverage

Don Ho

This is how bad it's gotten Eagles games are now background music in my house on Sundays

Don Ho

That was more real dumb play calling by Bolts than birds defense.

PhillyPhreak54