Week 10 - Broncos: Jonathan Gannon vs. Teddy Bridgewater

Started by MDS, November 07, 2021, 07:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on November 16, 2021, 08:05:49 AM
Quarterback is not the highest priority with this team.

thats not at all how it works...you always need a franchise qb until you dont. hurts might get better but his ceiling is limited and he never ever going to be a top 10 qb, let alone top 20.

can you win in the short term with a mediocre qb? sure. there are a bunch of recent examples of teams winning super bowls with mediocre qbs...then immediately falling apart. look no further than your eagles. but this aint the way anyone builds it and howie/lurie want a qb more than you want cheap mexican labor.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The odds of getting a top tier franchise QB are astronomical. Plenty of teams have won Super Bowls with middle of the road guys including ours. 

Building a truly great supporting cast is more of a plausible scenario.

Having guys in charge of selecting them and coaching them is also just as important, btw. 

MDS

Quote from: Rome on November 16, 2021, 12:55:00 PM
Building a truly great supporting cast is more of a plausible scenario.

name 1 team that was/is good for an extended period of time with a tier 3 qb
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Rome

Conversely, Detroit had a legit Franchise QB and didn't do dick for a decade.

MDS

joe flacco was a t2 qb until he fell off a cliff...im assuming youre referring to him and not lamar. and stafford is firmly in tier 2 as well. hes never been mvp level talented.

hurts is not nearly as good as flacco was at his peak.