TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I'm with you guys there.

It's overwhelming.

And yet here I am starting The Wire again 🤷‍♂️

ice grillin you

i basically am non stop watching the wire since i got an hbo max password from someone...i used to have to bust out my dvd box set and like set aside time to dive thru it now its a click away and i throw it on whenever im bored
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Someone's been putting The Woodwright's Shop on youtube, so I've been watching that this week. That's about as close as I get to watching tv these days.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2021, 12:25:10 PM
anyone seen heist yet?

i think im gonna give it shot

Finished season 1. It's a bit corny with spotty writing but the concept and ultimate outcome is keeping me interested. I'm also curious to see how they can keep this going for 4 seasons. I turned off the subtitles and went with English dubbing.

I'd drop a bomb in Tokyo.

Munson

So it was already kind of assumed that we knew who Q was, but that QAnon doc on HBO just leaves you so frustrated because now that you've gotten to know the Watkins', you realize that millions of people got their brains melted and support fascism in the name of Donald farging Trump of all people, and it's all because some neckbeard losers with no social skills wanted to shteinpost online and feel like they had power.

fargin a it's frustrating.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

They've been doing that for 20 years, but for the last five or six it's been to your parents instead of your loser cousin.

MDS

Quote from: Munson on April 05, 2021, 09:13:39 AM
So it was already kind of assumed that we knew who Q was, but that QAnon doc on HBO just leaves you so frustrated because now that you've gotten to know the Watkins', you realize that millions of people got their brains melted and support fascism in the name of Donald farging Drumpf of all people, and it's all because some neckbeard losers with no social skills wanted to shteinpost online and feel like they had power.

fargin a it's frustrating.

q was obviously all along some kind of combo of shtein posters and incels...nobody military dude looking to start a secret war is going to 8chan or 4hcan. they have no idea what that is.

the problem is nobody who believes in this shtein is going to believe this. there is no definitive proof and even if there was it wouldnt matter. pretty decent doc series though
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

There's no putting the toothpaste back in the tube with this one. You can only hope that their kids are smart enough or rebellious enough to not fall in.

Rome

Speaking of Q, Season 2 of Picard has a teaser trailer out...

https://youtu.be/xk9F90wklRQ

ice grillin you

watched the serpent and the cry this week....

the serpent is a crazy true story that was really entertaining if 2-3 episodes too long

the cry is the opposite...four eps about the disintegration of a marriage due to a lost child...lots of twists and turns without being too campy or over the top...jenna coleman who id heard about for years but never saw anything she was in is just a fantastic actress and is in both shows...the lead here and the wife of the serpent

PhillyPhreak54

I'm looking forward to the Son of Sam doc coming out on Netflix Wednesday

MDS

great oral history of the pine barrens episode of the sopranos

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2021/5/5/22417569/sopranos-pine-barrens-oral-history

stay for the amazing quote at the end from the russians agent
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i never got the love of that episode....thought it was for the most part boring

PhillyPhreak54

I'm not shocked you have a different opinion on that lol

That was a fun read. I need to finish the sopranos podcast that Bacala and Christopher did.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 06, 2021, 10:43:58 PM
i never got the love of that episode....thought it was for the most part boring

Me either. It was a fine scene I just never understood why it stands out.

Invincible on Amazon isn't half bad. If you liked "The Boys" it's somewhat similar as it's a dark super hero show in cartoon format. It goes from normal to dark after the 1st episode. It was made by Robert Kirkman same guy who made the walking dead