TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

My spare room was so full you couldn't take a step inside. It was filled with boxes of my daughters old toys, random crap I don't use anymore, baseball cards, old clothes etc. Sorted, organized and stored the cards. The rest of the shtein I either donated, recycled or tossed. Wound up going through the entire house. 20 contractor bags full later and I'm 99% finished.

Was mentioning my project to my buddy and he recommended a doc on Netflix called the Minimalist. Decluttering feels like a weight has been lifted. Highly recommend.

SD

Deplorable Gina Carano (ex mma fighter and plays Cara Dune on Mandalorian) was fired by Disney for posting a meme of nazis chasing a half naked woman down the street and comparing it to what's happening to republicans. She has a long deplorable history I'm surprised Disney let it fly that long.

General_Failure

I hope they can find another beefy idiot lady to play that role.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on February 10, 2021, 10:57:18 PM
I hope they can find another beefy idiot lady to play that role.

She was set to get her own series on Disney + too

General_Failure

Don Cheedle's rubbing his hands together in anticipation of taking another role from somebody.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Dre Day on February 10, 2021, 10:47:29 PM
Deplorable Gina Carano (ex mma fighter and plays Cara Dune on Mandalorian) was fired by Disney for posting a meme of nazis chasing a half naked woman down the street and comparing it to what's happening to republicans. She has a long deplorable history I'm surprised Disney let it fly that long.

i read about this yesterday and the only thing people mentioned of course was star wars...a decent sized portion of the responses on twitter were farging nerds who cared more about what this was going to do to the franchise than what she actually posted...anyway reading your post it just hit me that this is the chick from Haywire...she was really good in that especially for an mma person

anyway i came to say this just goes to show how scary and sociopathic these people are that they cant just shut the farg up....its more important to be racists or bigots or white supremacists or whatever than it is to keep a job
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

The deplorables are going nuts saying she's right and a bunch of other lunacy I don't have time too post

General_Failure

She wasn't particularly good in the Mandalorian, especially when you consider who she was out there with. Mostly she stood around squinting to show emotion.

Rome

She was fat in season 2.  farg that nazi whore.

General_Failure

Quote from: Rome on February 11, 2021, 01:06:55 PM
She was fat in season 2.

Yeah, but there was some downsides, too.

ice grillin you

finished Your Honor...not sure why...I guess Covid and there's nothing else to do but it was laughably bad

also got the three seasons of Sinner...pleasantly surprised by how good it was...stellar cast in every season...even that hack Jessica biel was good in it

season three fell off a little but I would highly recommend s1 and 2

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Haven't watched TWD in a while.  It still records and I jumped in tonight. It was a Gabriel episode but it was actually pretty good.  Better than I thought it'd be anyway. 

I'm sure the rest of the series is awful but this wasn't. 

SD

Black Sails - Set around the golden age of piracy. It's the prequel to Treasure Island which I've never seen. One of the best series I've watched in years.

Munson

Quote from: Rome on March 14, 2021, 10:20:05 PM
Haven't watched TWD in a while.  It still records and I jumped in tonight. It was a Gabriel episode but it was actually pretty good.  Better than I thought it'd be anyway. 

I'm sure the rest of the series is awful but this wasn't.

They really have been pretty good in season 9 and 10. This little 6 episode run they're on is a bridge to the next season I think. The Gabriel episode was good, if not a bit depressing lol
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds