Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 26, 2009, 12:50:52 AM
rjj and bhop....should be amazing but i cant feel anything but sorrow about it

Word... should have happened 10-15 years ago.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

phillymic2000

Klit vs. Arreola:

Klit, picked Chris apart all night. Chris kept the pressure on him all night. The ref was a bum, everytime Chris came in, Vitali grabbed and the ref couldn't get in there fast enough to break. What happened to, when one fighter is punching the ref gives him a chance to punch out if it, That was frustrating as hell. Bottom line, Chris needs to learn how to move his fargin head. Props to Vitali, he did what he came to do.

MURP

anyone else excited for the Super 6 World Boxing Classic tournament?   First time this is ever happening - could it rejuvenate boxing ?

http://sports.sho.com/world-boxing-classic.html

phillymic2000

The talent level for this tournament is sick. It should be very very good. Can't wait to see Taylor and King A. that will be a very interesting matchup.

DH

unfortunately, the only thing that will save boxing now is if it somehow merged w/ ufc..

and this is coming from one of the bigger boxing fans on this here board

phillymic2000

Tournament starts tonight at 8pm on Showtime!

I'm going with Froch and King Arthur

DH

Same here...cant get excited about it though. 

Hop in a tuneup fight on 12/2 at Liacouras..first time fighting in Philly since 03

MDS

if boxing takes fights off ppv and develops a system where there is 1 belt and only 1 belt for every weight class, then they can come back.

but thats not gonna happen. so whats the point.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MURP

Quote from: MDS on October 17, 2009, 01:52:32 PM
if boxing takes fights off ppv and develops a system where there is 1 belt and only 1 belt for every weight class, then they can come back.

that is one of the main points to this tourney - to make the belts insignificant and have one true champ.  they already said If this goes well they will look to have a super 6 in other weight classes.   

both fights tonight were great.  hoping the rest of the tourney can hold up to this.

phillymic2000

what a fargin KO by King Arthur, just like the Froch fight for Taylor.

phattymatty

yeah taylor got knocked the farg out.  haven't seen anyone hit the mat that fast in a long time. 

phillymic2000

:-D atf irst it didn't even looked liek he connected, but the replay was a fargin perfect straight right. He hit the canvas quicker then ish, with his right guard still up funny as hell.

Drunkmasterflex

I finally watched those fights the other day.  What a dumb game plan by Taylor.  Froch was definitely the beneficiary of some home cooking. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

David Haye becomes the WBA heavyweight champ by besting Valuev in 12 rds!