Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Drunkmasterflex

Wow! That is all I can say to that.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Feva

Find me one guy who will fight an HIV positive boxer.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Feva

I knew I left myself open for that one... and I thought about mentioning anyone besides Tyson.  :-D
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Don Ho

Contender.

Thoughts?

I really enjoyed it.  Both fights tonight were great.  That second one was unreal. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

Boxing needs this show to continue to be good. I like it, I like it A lot!

ice grillin you

comcast on demand currently has the best of arturo gatti on it for anyone interested...they have a nice snapshot fo the three ward fights...classic stuff
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i caught a few minutes last night, i think the guy's name was bravo.  great fight, you never see that many punches thrown and connect these days.

phillymic2000

Gatti / Baldomir should be another exciting fight, face any fight except the mayweather fight with Gatti is exciting.

Shelly Finkel was interviewed on Fightnews.com and had some interesting things to

say:http://www.fightnews.com/scott212.htm

QuoteIs the fight between Wladimir Klitschko and Shannon Briggs official?
No. But it will be. We're working on it, but it's not done yet... so I can't comment any further. Right now, it's a work in process and there are no stumbling blocks. So we'll probably know in the next two weeks if it's a definite.

Briggs is ranked #7 by the IBF. What were the determining factors in choosing him to fight for Wlad's IBF title?
One - Briggs is a very tough opponent. He's on an eleven fight winning streak, all by knockout. Two - It being at Madison Square Garden is a perfect venue for it. Three - We couldn't wait til after August to see that no one got injured in the Oleg Maskaev/Hasim Rahman fight. And four - We tried James Toney first, be he decided to fight Samuel Peter instead.

Briggs is a nasty fighter, not great butthe guy is big and nasty, if he isn't too slow against Wlad he could knock him out. I cannot believe that Toney turned down a fight with Wlad, unless they offered him a insane low number.

QuoteJeff Lacy. What's going on with him?
Jeff will be fighting in October on a double header, with Diego Corrales in the main event (opponent to be named). We were trying to make a fight with Tarver, but obviously that didn't happen. So as of right now, we don't have any names yet.

hopefully Lacy can get it together and come back strong. He got abused in his last fight against Calzageeeeeeee f'n bastige.

phattymatty

espn is showing an old tyson fight from 86.  man he was fun to watch. 

i miss the old tyson.

MURP

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MURP