Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

They did it in the NYY and CLE game too.

farg man I wish it wouldn't be canceled

Don Ho

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on October 31, 2022, 05:53:09 PM
Stros team bus pulled up to CBP, Phillies fans called them cheaters. Verlander gave em the finger. That's just the outside bud...wait'll game time.

That just made my year!!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

There's not any new information. It's going to rain fairly steadily throughout the game time. No lightning. Nothing has changed in the last four hours that would make the decision to go or not any more obvious. Nothing gonna happen in the next 20 minutes either.

SD

Quote from: Don Ho on October 31, 2022, 06:33:59 PM
Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on October 31, 2022, 05:53:09 PM
Stros team bus pulled up to CBP, Phillies fans called them cheaters. Verlander gave em the finger. That's just the outside bud...wait'll game time.

That just made my year!!

https://twitter.com/starting9/status/1587171585164804096 46&t=uVHlVc09XUtrXarFHxbjgw

QB Eagles

PhillyPhreak54

Great.

I'm farged for Thursday unless they make it a day game

SD

I'm amped up but think this works in our favor plus I could use the sleep

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 31, 2022, 06:55:56 PM
Great.

I'm farged for Thursday unless they make it a day game

Same here!  @#$$%@$#%@!!! 

Is helping coach our intermediate soccer team's opening game with my earbuds on and watching the game on my iphone kosher?  I'm not even the f'ing coach of this team, varsity coaches just helping out.  Screw you boys, Phillies/WS>>>>>>>meaningless intermediate soccer match.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

I in no way have the hangover/travel/jetlag you have SD but damn a good night of sleep sounds really good!

And farg you MLB!  They botched this, we all knew rain was coming tonight and you wait 75 minutes before first pitch to make the announcment.  They will never get this.  Unless WS involves domed or California/Phoenix team and you play into late OCT/early NOV you better have a damn good plan B. 

QB Eagles

I love the idea of a weekday daytime WS game but I also love the idea of MLB going back to not playing regular season interleague games.

Chances of either of those happening are the same: absolutely zero.

Munson

Apparently they announced that Wheeler is going 6 regardless and now game 5 will be the bullpen game
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Seriously.

What do I do?!

MDS

yea a few things

1. they are never going to put the world series on a weekday afternoon...what are you people on? its the marquee event of the sport and you want to annihilate your revenue stream to appease old people and 10 year olds? baseball was on in the afternoon in the 50s and 60s because network execs didnt think sports would rate in primetime. they started experimenting with it in the 70s, the carlton fisk game won the night in the ratings, and that was the sign that yeah sports can rate at night. im sure glad none of you run businesses.

2. if they are down 3-1 im roughly 100% certain wheeler is pitching G5.

3. i was down there for a bit tonight. tons of people already in the stadium. saw a halfway decent number of astros fans. it wasnt a lot but it wont be 0.

4. im surprised they called it because G5 is going to cannibalize their audience. the two home markets in the series are also playing football at the exact same time. bad luck but its going to be embarrassing when the eagles outrate the phillies in the city which will probably happen.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 31, 2022, 07:52:29 PM
Seriously.

What do I do?!

go to the game, watch the phillies on your phone OR get what you can for the ticket and 2 screen it at home

i get you dont see a ton of eagles games but i wouldnt expect this one to be interesting or competitive. though if theyre down 3-1 farg it just go to the birds.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 31, 2022, 07:52:29 PM
Seriously.

What do I do?!

Unless it's a possible Phillies close out game I'd go watch the Birds...ws will 100% be on a tv all over nrg