Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on October 25, 2022, 04:18:50 PM
Also done 2nd guessing Thomson.

This. I'm sure they've done due diligence on the decision.

MDS

its certainly not just rob's decision

the move is sound so long as it doesnt go to G7, then youll be kicking youself for wheeler being on 1 day instead of 2. thats why i wouldnt have done it, but nobody listens to me.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on October 25, 2022, 04:18:50 PM
I'd rather go with Nola game 1. Also done 2nd guessing Thomson.

same, done questioning Robbie.   Guys on fire, I'm going with it.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on October 25, 2022, 05:37:34 PM
its certainly not just rob's decision

the move is sound so long as it doesnt go to G7, then youll be kicking youself for wheeler being on 1 day instead of 2. thats why i wouldnt have done it, but nobody listens to me.

Todd, you need to start charging me for copyright infringement.  I copy and paste half your insights to my knucklehead Philly fanbase contacts out here when they go on their homer outbursts and rose colored glasses rants.  They think I'm a genius.  I refer to you as "my writer friend in philly".  I listen!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

"Let's give them something to remember."

I mean, for real.  Harper actually says that and goes out and hits the biggest home run of his life. 

That's some Babe Ruth shtein right there. 

PhillyPhreak54

Modern day Choke with the "get me to the plate, boys".

Perhaps they also feel that if Verlander is classic JV in G1 they have Wheeler to lock down G2. Framber is good but not great. Also if JV isn't on - he can get got (look at the M's in the DS) - and they can steal a win in G1 then they're sitting pretty with Wheeler in game 2.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 24, 2022, 04:45:28 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2022, 03:08:04 PM
putting money in a MAGA state to see a MAGA team play does not seem ideal

i wouldnt pay money to see this team in philly much less fund moving abortion clinics out of texas

to be fair Houston is pretty solidly blue

farg Houston farg Texas
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Well yes to both of those too

MDS

your boy is just salty hes missing an all time run because like aaron nola didnt get vaccinated or something
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

They've won 8 pennants and 2 world titles in 139 years.  I'm 57.  I don't give two shteins who's a Trumper vaccine-denying hillbilly Republican cousin farger on the roster.   I don't care if the fan base is whiter than a Nazi rally.  I don't care if the team sings a stupid song after each win or the owner is a cancer pusher.

The years behind me are way longer than the ones in front and I want to celebrate another win.

If I gotta do it with a team of douchebags... so be it.  I'll cheer for the Phanatic then. 

LET'S fargING GOOOOOOO! 

MDS

theres a world series game tomorrow that the phillies will be participating in

this is the universe we live in

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 26, 2022, 10:26:57 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 24, 2022, 04:45:28 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2022, 03:08:04 PM
putting money in a MAGA state to see a MAGA team play does not seem ideal

i wouldnt pay money to see this team in philly much less fund moving abortion clinics out of texas

to be fair Houston is pretty solidly blue

farg Houston farg Texas !
In fact farg everyone and every thing always. Let's GO!

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah!

I wish I had taken off tomorrow.

Geowhizzer

Sordid Phillies History:

In Game 3 of the 2022 World Series, the Phillies will finally pass the Athletics for most World Series games played in Philadelphia... and the A's haven't played in one there since 1931.

Philadelphia Athletics:
1905: 2
1910: 2
1911: 3
1913: 2
1914: 2
1929: 3
1930: 3
1931: 3

Phillies:
1915: 3
1950: 2