Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Correct, that stadium did not look very crowded yesterday.   The heat?  Was it the NAAts?  Most likely lack of interest.  Your right Todd, to most people at the games now a days, Luzinski is some dude that sells beef brisket in the outfield at CBP, Lefty was some stud pitcher dad and Uncle Bill talked about and Bowa is some goofy, crazy guy that comes in the booth to banter with Kruk. Schmidt, ok everyone knows him. 1980 team will always be the first team to win a championship that I lived and died with.  I lived through the heartache of 76, 77 and 78. Sorry but Flyers in 1974 & 75, I'm a kid in Hawaii finding out they won as the 10:00 PM news sports cast was wrapping up as there was zero network coverage of the NHL back then. Didn't work for me.

And remember in 1980-81 was magical as all 4 teams made it their respective championship.  Magical until the finals as Birds choked in SB XV (Vermeil treated the two weeks leading up to the game like a Vince Lombardi training camp), 19 year old Magic Johnson beat the Sixers in NBA Finals and Flyers lost in the Cup, Bums were the only ones to come through.

I too was shocked when Bake McBride and Ron Reed made the wall of fame.  Lot of the 08 guys are light years ahead of those two.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Wheeler is off a bit

And the bats are dead

Don Ho

JT vaccinated that ball!  Jesus.

Yes, Wheeler is way off tonight.  Lucky only 1 run so far.  Marlins should be up by 3 runs.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Jean Jean the Machine is all fixed!

Don Ho

And the Marlins football helmet home run ritual is quite lame.

BoSox shopping cart is all time!

PhillyPhreak54

My homie Jean Jean!

Don Ho

Just keep Knebel out of this game. 

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Orioles vs Phils WS rematch let's go

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 09, 2022, 08:48:24 PM
Wheeler is off a bit

And the bats are dead

tough crowd

another unverified rumor: pedro feliz had a mental breakdown and is currently institutionalized

my last game until next saturday (eurotrip baby)...may the phillies still be in one piece upon my return
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Well to be fair he was at 60 pitches in the third which is way high for him

Don't get the monkey pox while in Europe!

MDS

im not going to not have unprotected sex with random men, soooooo

the biggest challenge will be not staying up to 3am watching phillies games. i doubt ill have the power
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Lolol ok just making sure

You know you'll be watching. Huddled in a French cafe with some excel spreadsheets, beignets and a coffee.

How long ya going for?

MDS

3 days london-amsterdam-rome, back 8/19

ready to rock the coliseum and vatican in my birds gear....this is how we travel

SD

Quote from: MDS on August 09, 2022, 11:51:54 PM
3 days london-amsterdam-rome, back 8/19

ready to rock the coliseum and vatican in my birds gear....this is how we travel

Your Trotter jersey clean and pressed?