Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

The $300MM walking injury.

Can Freddie play RF?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

This is fargin trash

ice grillin you

QuotePhillies down 7-0 to a Pirates team that had been outscored 34-4 this week
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 30, 2021, 08:36:50 PM
Even the GOAT is throwing shade.

https://twitter.com/Jim_Gardner/status/1421268058337955843

i love jimmy gardner but he legit has no understanding of how bad the phillies system is
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Modern day Turk Wendell

MDS

anderson, suarez in; moore, velasquez out

id imagine eflin will take anderson's place whenever he gets back. they now have like 4 long men in their pen who are all terrible lol
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

MDS

you cant spell realmuto without o-u-t

ice grillin you

i was doing some deep diving on baseball ref today with the phils and their two titles in 140 years has been my favorite team sports stat for a long time but today i think i counted right in that they only have 14 playoff appearances in 140 years?

PhillyPhreak54

Lookin good tonight boys!

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 31, 2021, 08:46:35 PM
i was doing some deep diving on baseball ref today with the phils and their two titles in 140 years has been my favorite team sports stat for a long time but today i think i counted right in that they only have 14 playoff appearances in 140 years?

1915, 1950, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1981*, 1983, 1993, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

1981 was that weird split season because of the strike where they were first half champs, so that barely counts. but yup thats right and its impressively sad.

ice grillin you

how the farg is that even possible

MDS

well from 1883-1950 they legit were not trying

the other stretches were normal pathetic. didnt spend money, couldnt produce talent if they tried. this current stretch takes the cake. they have produced some decent players and spent widely....and yet they are hopelessly mediocre

still youd figure theyd fall ass backwards into like a wild card or something in the 90s or 00s but nope