The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 03, 2009, 12:17:00 PM
this whole "unconstitutional" argument is total bull. 

not really...in fact most states have laws saying that if youre 18 or older you cannot be discrminated against when it comes to employment

when and if a player comes along and challenges it in court and i suspect that will happen sooner rather than later i cant see a scenario where the rule is allowed to stay

its also pretty farging racist as well...but thats another argument
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

oh god dont start you flaming liberal
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

He's absolutely right. Colleges never give kids, especially young black kids, free rides to colleges they probably wouldn't have gotten into without their athletic abilities. Never. They don't lie about their grades and test scores to keep them eligible either.

The NBA definitely instituted the rule to favor white players since they're the only ones who go to college and get good grades.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

lol @ pulling the race card in this argument.  it's sad to say, but in this day and age the playing of the race card is usually a pretty good indicator that there is no legitmate argument left to make.  all too often it's become a last resort to win a losing battle which often takes away the credibility of legit racial complaints .  mlk would be so proud. 

ice grillin you

people allowed to play at 18 or younger

people allowed to play at 19 or older

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 03, 2009, 01:59:25 PM
lol @ pulling the race card in this argument.  it's sad to say, but in this day and age the playing of the race card is usually a pretty good indicator that there is no legitmate argument left to make.  all too often it's become a last resort to win a losing battle which often takes away the credibility of legit racial complaints .  mlk would be so proud. 

so the little thing about actual laws on the books isnt an argument...lolol...war modern day slavery!!

MDS

stop it moron

not everything is about race
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

lolololol

The rule is racist because other sports that are predominantly white don't have the same rule. (Though baseball has a pretty good number of Hispanics and blacks)

You are a joke.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 03, 2009, 02:03:58 PM
stop it moron

no just this is

its also about things like laws

but laws dont matter when young black kids wanna cake off

Sgt PSN

damn dook......you're just digging the hole deeper and deeper.  stop with the race thing.  your unconstitutional argument is the titanic looking for an iceburg but the racial argument is the titanic after it found one.   

ice grillin you

again there are actual laws on the books that stop this kind of discrimination....what is the argument against that...besides that "its better for the league"....ha

rjs246

I'm pretty sure that Maurice Clarrett already tried to argue for his constitutional right to play professional ball and lost. So while I agree with IGY, I think this ship has already sailed.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2009, 02:11:38 PM
stop it moron

no just this is

you can make up any requirements from whatever jobs you want. lets say im starting a company and want to hire people, but wont even listen to anyone who isnt 20 years old. is that unconstitutional? cant every job set whatever parameters they want?

im not saying i agree with it, its a silly rule. but its not something to get your vagina all sandy like youre doing.

Munson

Yes, the NBA and industries that employ mostly black people are the only ones that have both age restrictions and require some college expierience.

And lol at minor league baseball players getting "caked off". A 19 year old NBA player who gets drafted out of college will make more in his first season then any minor leaguer who never makes the bigs will make in his career.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 03, 2009, 02:17:45 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2009, 02:11:38 PM
stop it moron

no just this is

you can make up any requirements from whatever jobs you want. lets say im starting a company and want to hire people, but wont even listen to anyone who isnt 20 years old. is that unconstitutional? cant every job set whatever parameters they want?

you cannot discriminate against age whether it be old age or young....can you not read...there are actual laws for this that cover people 18 or older

football is a special case because of serious health concerns due to the violent nature of the sport