Feva

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 07, 2009, 11:50:11 PM
Portland
Memphis
Toronto
Milwaukee
Indiana
Sacramento

You're crazy.  Toronto is one of the top party cities in North America.  Other than that... your list is MONEY!
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MDS

lol easy you need to bounce from bucks county homie
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Quote from: EagleFeva on June 08, 2009, 05:37:50 AMYou're crazy.  Toronto is one of the top party cities in North America.

But it's Canadian, so it doesn't belong in the NBA according to igy standards...

ice grillin you

Quote from: EagleFeva on June 08, 2009, 05:37:50 AM
Quote from: BigEd76 on June 07, 2009, 11:50:11 PM
Portland
Memphis
Toronto
Milwaukee
Indiana
Sacramento

You're crazy.  Compared to Buffalo Toronto is one of the top party cities in North America.  Other than that... your list is MONEY!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

Dwight Howard with another 4th quarter disappearing act in a close game. He has no killer instinct whatsoever.

Another OT game.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MDS

i dont understand how you made it this far

BigEd76

so Kobe can win a title without Shaq after all

The BIGSTUD

Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

kobe crosby titles on the same weekend
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

couldnt figure out for the life of me why Van Gundy put in Jameer Nelson for the final 5 minutes of that game when Alston was a major contributor all game. forget the free throws...nelson and van gundy lost that game

guy just panics as a coach

Rome

There has to be political pressure from above regarding Nelson.

First - there's no way I bring him back after the playoffs that Alston has had.  Second - it's blindingly evident that Jameer isn't all the way back, so why insert him in there when he's not ready.  Third - I generally agree with the premise that VanGundy is a clown. 

The Magic should without a doubt be up 3-1 in this series if not for his blundering.  Of course, he's coaching against the GOAT in Phil Jackson, so it really shouldn't be a surprise that the series ended up this way.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 12, 2009, 01:19:04 AM
so Kobe can win a title without Shaq after all

i'll be happy for kobe once they finally close this out because it will finally get the "monkey" off his back of not winning a title without shaq.  like him or hate him, dude is one of the all time greatest and he's been unfairly scruntinized for not winning a title without shaq.  it's rediculous actually because other than jordan's bulls, damn near every other team in league history had a big man as the centerpiece to their title runs.  maybe you could throw the pistons in there because ben wallace isn't really a true center, nor was he an offensively skilled player, but that pistons team didn't have any standout stars.  

reese125

Quote from: Rome on June 12, 2009, 09:43:24 AM
There has to be political pressure from above regarding Nelson.

First - there's no way I bring him back after the playoffs that Alston has had.  Second - it's blindingly evident that Jameer isn't all the way back, so why insert him in there when he's not ready.  Third - I generally agree with the premise that VanGundy is a clown. 

The Magic should without a doubt be up 3-1 in this series if not for his blundering.  Of course, he's coaching against the GOAT in Phil Jackson, so it really shouldn't be a surprise that the series ended up this way.

theres no political pressure from above...its a simple decision that was made by Ron Jeremy to put his all-star in to finish a critical game because thats what youre supposed to do?

the ironic thing about it is he was on on the podium 2 games ago apologizing for Nelson being in there. I mean, how do you have a foul to give with 11 secs left and not a) foul Fisher when he crosses half court  off the inbound b) be up in the face of one the Lakers best 3 pt shooters

I have to believe the only thing Van Gundy emphasized in the huddle was whatever you do dont foul the 3 pt shooter because no way Nelson goes out there 3 seconds later after the timeout and does not foul. Cmon. Both Van Gundys blow.

The BIGSTUD

Nelson played great down the stretch aside from guarding Fisher on the final shot. Alston wouldn't have made a difference on that play either, because he's one of the worst defensive PGs you'll ever see. The final play was on SVG.