The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Knicks didn't think KD was worth a max deal.

PhillyPhreak54

Dolan is prob just using that as a front to stay cheap.

Don Ho

How beautiful it is!  F U Lakers!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm not usually up this early

But did I read the Clip joint is getting Kawhi and Paul George?

Rome

The Clippers went straight loony to get Paul George.  He's a great player but that's just dumb. 

When Leonard bolts after 4 yrs, they're screwed for a decade.  Then again they've lost forever, so I guess this is worth a shot. 

SD

Quote from: Rome on July 06, 2019, 07:09:16 AM
The Clippers went straight loony to get Paul George.  He's a great player but that's just dumb. 

When Leonard bolts after 4 yrs, they're screwed for a decade.  Then again they've lost forever, so I guess this is worth a shot.

Kawhi would only sign if they got George so they essentially got both players in that deal. But yeah holy shtein with that trade. The NBA needs to revisit their dumb first round pick back to back trade rule because now you have teams trading their future away.

QB Eagles

So many talking heads were saying it was a effectively done deal to the Lakers, even though we know that Kawhi talks to no one. This is fun.

Quote from: AO1 on July 06, 2019, 07:50:43 AMThe NBA needs to revisit their dumb first round pick back to back trade rule because now you have teams trading their future away.

These LA teams probably figure they can always get the free agents they want between the lure of the city and under the table movie deals. It's destroying your future if you're OKC or Charlotte, but it's only deadly to a huge media market team if it's combined with front office incompetence (see: Knicks, Clips under Sterling).

MDS

if paul george hated russ so much, why did he sign there last summer...like dude you knew what he was

anyway this is going to be fun when okc gets a current 7 year old because of this trade and he turns out to be lebron
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

is there anything better than the NBA
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Love it!  Blew up in the Lakers face.  We all know what a private person Kawahi is and you have all the reports of "Me Me Me Me" Magic, Hollywood Lebron, the dysfunctional Buss family and all their "meetings", Raptors and the whole private jet, the press following his SUV like OJ down the 405.  Of course the Raptors FO said it was a media leak.  Sure.  We never heard shtein about the Clippers meetings except Doc was there.  All quiet on the Clippers front, no circus.  Look where he ended up.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 06, 2019, 12:54:34 PM

is there anything worse than the nba playoff system
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on July 06, 2019, 08:18:00 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 06, 2019, 12:54:34 PM

is there anything worse than the nba playoff system

and the 9 month season

ice grillin you

I always sit around wish that there would be less of the best sports
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

make the regular season 150 games but they need to limit it to 4-6 teams for the playoffs. make the series best of 9s for all i care. when 16/30 teams makes the playoffs it's not as fun.

theres my take. @ me.