The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Torn ACL and MCL, out 6 months

DH

BigEd76

That's one of the biggest "what's the point?" trades I've seen....

hunt

QuoteBrown in cake caper
From staff and wire reports
Article Last Updated: 01/16/2007 10:52:07 PM PST

Lakers center Kwame Brown isn't a exactly league leader in steals, but he allegedly scored one sweet takeaway in Hermosa Beach over the weekend.

No matter how you slice it, Brown, known for small hands that occasionally fumble passes on the basketball court, enjoyed a real cakewalk Saturday, according to a police report. For reasons only he knows (and he's not talking) Brown allegedly snatched a man's $190 2-by-2-foot chocolate birthday cake.

Once he had the cake, Brown opted not to eat it, too. He instead allegedly hurled it at the man and struck him in the back.

It all went down at the Blue 32 nightclub on Hermosa Avenue.

Several Lakers headed to the bar following their 109-106 victory over the Orlando Magic on Friday, according to a Hermosa Beach police report. Just down the street, Alexander Martinez, the man who filed the report, was celebrating his 30th birthday at the Shore Restaurant.

About 1:45 a.m. Martinez left the restaurant, his birthday cake in his arms, and walked north. He stopped in front of Blue 32. According to Martinez's report, Brown came along, grabbed the cake out of his arms and threw it at him. The report gives no indication why Brown would do such a thing.

The 5-foot-9, 165-pound Martinez, tried to confront the 6-foot-11, 270-pound Brown, but Brown got into a white limousine, the report said.

Twelve hours later Martinez visited the Hermosa Beach police station to file a police report on the purloined pastry.

Detectives looked into a possible case of grand theft and presented it to the Hermosa Beach city prosecutor, who decided to throw the case out.

Lakers spokesman John Black said the team was aware of the episode, but had been informed prosecutors were not seeking charges
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Rome

Rome

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Carmello just found his daddy!

ice grillin you

i dont know if they will win...especially in the west...but i caught that game last night and damn were they fun to watch
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hunt

exciting & fun to watch, for now.  a1 will play nice for a little while & they'll yuck it up in games against teams like the griz.
let's see how they do against some real competition when things aren't always going their way.

ice grillin you

like i said they wont win in the west but it makes you sad that in 10 years the sixers were never willing to surround iverson with any talent...yet somehow denever did it in about 12 days

hunt

the sixers surrounded a1 with enought talent to make the finals once...granted, it's been downhill ever since but i'd be shocked if a1 ever makes the finals with denver.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hunt on January 23, 2007, 09:24:38 AM
the sixers surrounded a1 with enought talent to make the finals once...granted, it's been downhill ever since but i'd be shocked if a1 ever makes the finals with denver.

It's a much tougher hill to climb in the West.  And whether or not he gets back to the finals remains to be seen.  The bottom line is that he's got a better chance with Denver than he'd ever get with Philly. 

ice grillin you

that sixer team that made the finals had limited talent...the stars aligned that one year iverson had one of the legendary playoff performances ever and they made a terrific run...but lets be real there wasnt a whole lot of talent there

PoopyfaceMcGee

No talent?  What do you call Tyrone Hill and George Lynch?