The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

What am I missing on this TOR/NYK deal?

Why would Toronto make that trade?

Dillen

It's garbage-for-trash. Bargnani's terrible and wore out his welcome because he's lazy and has zero work ethic. Also, I want to see a game where Bargnani and Brook Lopez are the opposing centers. "And not a basketball was rebounded that day..."

reese125

Bledsoe and Caron Butler go to the Suns, Jared Dudley and J.J. Redick go to the Clippers and the Bucks get two second-round draft picks

hbionic

I hope Dwight Howard goes to the Rockets and takes his vaginosis with him.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

reese125

kings dangled the carrot and offered Iggy 4 years $52 mill then took it off the table late last night because he wouldnt make up his mind quick enough.

they are supposedly going a diff direction now

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hbionic on July 02, 2013, 07:05:49 PM
I hope Dwight Howard goes to the Rockets and takes his vaginosis with him.

I've got no love for the Lakers, but I do respect what they've done as a franchise over the years and Jerry Buss was the GOAT.  That said, all this public ass kissing they're doing is beneath them, imo.  There's a farging D Howard billboard being driven around LA on a truck for farg sake.  Love 'em or hate 'em, the Lakers are either the 1st or 2nd most popular franchise in the NBA and players are usually the ones begging to go there, not the other way around.  Jim Buss gonna run this franchise into the ground.   

Rome

Howard is a gigantic corksucker.  Hoping he dies in a fire is too nice for that bitch.

Sgt PSN

There really aren't enough adjectives out there to describe how awful he is as a person. 

reese125

Overrated. If he's not the best player on the floor (Orlando) and focal point each and every possession he plays lazy. He goes to Houston he'll be dealing with Harden who will be shooting 27 times a game- not good for his ego.

Give me Marc Gasol over him in a heartbeat- nice medium jumper if needed, solid post up game, great passer, facilitator, and plays hard.

Sgt PSN

There's probably a half dozen centers in the game I'd take over him right now:

Hibbert
M. Gasol
Aldridge
Hickson
McGee
Cousins

reese125

You were laughing to yourself when you typed in McGee right?

reese125

Cousins- while talented--is a puddle and Hickson is 6'9

ice grillin you

half those guys aren't even centers

it says more about the state of the position in the league right now than it does Dwight howard but the fact is hes one of the best three centers in the nba and when hes healthy and asserts himself hes the best all around center in the nba bar none...hes gone from being overrated to underrated
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: reese125 on July 03, 2013, 02:42:20 PM
You were laughing to yourself when you typed in McGee right?

A little, yeah.  He's farged in the head and does some stupid shtein, but he's still got talent leaking out of his ass.  I'd rather take a shot on him or Cousins than I would Howard. 

But igy's point is the real story here.  There aren't but a few legit centers in the game right now and there hasn't been since the late 90s/early 00's.  You don't need one to compete.  You don't need one to win a championship.  Howard has been to exactly 1 NBA Finals in his career, so it's not like anyone can make the case that his antics are worth it because he elevates your team to the next level.  He's good.  He might even be really good.  But he's just one of those guys who seems to bring your team down a lot more than he lifts it up.   

reese125

Howards post game is a joke, can't pass worth a lick, awful post dribbling and still doesnt even have good offensive footwork.

He's agile as hell for his size, but still has no idea how to use his strength on offense- which is a crying shame. He's there for garbage put backs, oops, the occasional hook, and big dunks under the rim.

The face of a franchise is your bread and butter taking last possession shots--he would be the 3rd option I would want the ball to go to.