Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Strikeouts galore.

Jesus Christ - hit the ball, clowns.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 13, 2021, 05:50:28 PM
cutch is absolutely cooked

certainly looks like it. the caveat he has right now is he is taking his walks. if his obp resides north of .350, that is still valuable.

Quote from: TAFKASD on April 13, 2021, 05:15:31 PM
Legit question: name me a worse defensive 1b - heck I'll expand the question to infielder to make it fair - in your lifetime than Hoskins. Howard was bad but managed to turn himself into a respectable fielder for a payday.

he is beyond wretched and borderline unplayable. the DH will be here next year. but, if he keeps up this level of offensive production, you put up with it.

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 13, 2021, 06:53:07 PM
How do they determine the runner on second in extras...is it the person who ended the last inning?

yes but if the last batter was a pitcher (in that case, it was the pitchers spot after a double switch) you go to the 2nd to last batter. its very stupid. you need 2-3 innings of regular extras before you go to it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

there is actually a solid chance the Phillies are in last place in the division on Monday
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

when their offense is non existent, their terrible defense is amplified

didi not making plays in g1, haseley not catching that ball here. they need to score runs. they are not scoring runs.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Nola is a third starter.

Average just a guy.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 13, 2021, 09:37:46 PM
Nola is a third starter.

Average just a guy.

this is certainly how it *feels* but nola has a been 33% better than the league average pitcher since 2017. chase anderson, for example, is 11% better.

this means aaron nola is good even though he does not appear to be good

PhillyPhreak54

I'll take your word for it.

Being down 3-0 feels like 11-0

MDS

3, 2, 4, 5, 4, 8, 1, 4, 6, 3, 0

thats 8/11 games of them not getting to 5 runs. they need to average 5 runs per game, thats what a good offense does. they have a good offense -- on paper.

ice grillin you

they really don't...it's solid with a ceiling of very good

worse tho and the real problem is that their SP is a complete joke

MDS

their pitching is lacking a cy young candidate, certainly, but nola-wheeler-eflin is not bad at all. its about as good as the braves. the difference of course is the braves have 2 mvp candidates in their lineup.

short version is the phillies need to outhit their poor defense and average pitching. thus far they have not, but they are 6-5 and its mid april. theres 1000 games left.

PhillyPhreak54

These seven inning DH's and the runner on second rule are little league horseshtein.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 13, 2021, 10:33:36 PM
These seven inning DH's and the runner on second rule are little league horseshtein.

trying to kill an already dying sport and doing a great job of it

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 13, 2021, 10:31:10 PM
their pitching is lacking a cy young candidate, certainly, but nola-wheeler-eflin is not bad at all. its about as good as the braves. the difference of course is the braves have 2 mvp candidates in their lineup.

the braves have five pitchers as good as eflin...and it's hard to put into words how bad the Phillies 4 and 5 guys are

MDS

max fried torched again today...soroka hurt...ian anderson is pretty good...chuck morton is ancient....meh

moore and anderson arent good by any means but have you seen other teams 4-5 starters?

the braves are 4-7 and the nats are 2-6. its april. everyone calm down.