Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on July 23, 2012, 05:33:02 PM
that dude is my favorite twitter account ever.

Same. Consistently hilarious. I guess you could say I have him on a pedal stool.

Rome

QuoteTo Rodney Erickson, and the rest of the Penn State Nation, I hope that this status goes viral so you will someday read it. I am a Wounded Warrior, wounded in combat by a gunshot wound through my pelvis. I have never asked, or tried to hide my scars or have them removed. Why? Because they are reminders of who I am and what I've done. All those things I've done may not have been good, but I am man enough to accept and face that. You should be man enough to face your past. We do not remove the Lincoln Memorial because he started the Civil War, rather we leave it as a reminder of the good he's done. To some, the statute may remind them of the Sandusky Child Molestations, and I understand that. However, how are you to move forward in this life if you do not know where you've been? We study history to remind us to not allow it to repeat itself. Some have said that no man, coach, or player is bigger than the school. I disagree, because all the administration has done is prove that Joe Paterno was Penn State. Joe Pa lived for the school, and had the backbone to stare adversity in the eyes, and was able to put blinders on to ignore what the media and speculators said, to do what was needed. Even until the day he passed away, Coach Paterno lived with gracious integrity and still to this day, has been the only staff member to admit he was wrong. And if this status goes viral, all I ask is that the school be punished through a conventional process, not the court of public opinion. I also ask that ESPN give a sincere and public apology for dragging the school, Joe Pa, the victims, and the fans, alumni, and families of Penn State through the dirt by giving an unfair and completely biased, opinionated report. Much like my scars will always make me who I am, Joe Paterno will forever be Penn State.

Wow.   I don't know who Ryan Blochberger is but this was on FB (Hi, PG!) and just what the farg?

Incredible.

MDS

He's right, Lincoln never should have started the civil war. Everything was fine, just like Penn st was before the media ruined everything
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Just when you think ESPN can't possibly get any worse or miss the point so entirely, they post this:

Yes, not playing in bowl games is definitely worse than being anally raped by a monster.

SD

Pretty sure the dramatic 'Death' part of the headline is in regards to them not getting the dreaded 'Death Penalty' but actually getting something worse.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Silas Redd getting recruited by USC

Rome

A pretty significant sample size @ 3,000-plus.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Pretty sure that is exactly why the NCAA acted as they did. Not to penalize Penn State. Not to discourage other schools from putting football first. Not even to make money. They just wanted to save some face and improve their reputation among the masses. Mission accomplished.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 24, 2012, 05:50:38 AM

A pretty significant sample size @ 3,000-plus.

very few non penn state fans care enough to vote on something like that so you can bet of the 3000 plus about 2500 are penn state supporters and 90% of them obviously think its to harsh
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

ESPN has been a 24/7 Penn State scandal network, but only Penn Staters would bother taking 5 seconds to express their opinion via poll. Makes sense.

ice grillin you

in polls like that the majoirty of people voting are going to be ones that have a vested interest in the question....that goes for any poll

Seabiscuit36

This Guy knows polls    /\
                              /   \
                                |
                                |
                                |
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

tru dat.....i know a little about a lot of shtein

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm sure IGY the contract attorney knew this already, but due to bonus opportunities in Bill O'Brien's contract related to bowls, his 5-year contract was automatically extended to 9 years.

Need IGY the bookie to let me know the odds he is still at PSU in 2021.