Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

I couldn't agree more, there is no reason to allow him to finish the season.  He should be gone, I don't want to hear a bunch of people cheering for him on Saturday.  There is nothing to be celebrated at this point. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on November 09, 2011, 11:03:54 AM
I couldn't agree more, there is no reason to allow him to finish the season.  He should be gone, I don't want to hear a bunch of people cheering for him on Saturday.  There is nothing to be celebrated at this point. 

that huge group of students who went to his house yesterday and started we are penn state chants outside his window in support of him made me ill
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 09, 2011, 11:02:42 AM
I certainly do not feel like I am on par with the parents of my childhood friends. I would still default to calling them "Mr." and "Mrs." and reverting to the feeling of them being in power over me.

Now I try to imagine if I were a former player and current assistant for the football team. I grew up with the Sandusky children and am still close friends with them. My parents are close friends with Jerry and Dottie Sandusky. And oh, by the way, Sandusky is a revered long-time legend at Penn State.

Then, I'm putting some stuff away in the locker room after a long day, and I hear the shower running. I peek around the corner expecting to see that maybe someone left it running inadvertently. Instead, I see "Mr. Sandusky" farging a young boy.

Would love to think I'd beat the old man senseless, then wrap the boy in a towel, and go straight to the closest police station. I just think it's more idealistic than realistic.

if you are intimating that he stood in the door way while sandusky blew the kid (i believe it was the janitors who witnessed humping) and started to weigh intervening or not because this guy was a revered ex coach of his and then decided it was best to walk away is incomprehensible to me...he also went to joe and reported it...so to say that he didnt do anything because he was so close to the sandusky family doesnt hold weight since he turned him in anyway

but lets say it makes sense...how do you then explain the next 5-6 years of him staying at penn state and being around sandusky and little boys

like i said before i also wonder how much his promotions acted as hush money

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 11:23:04 AM
if you are intimating that he stood in the door way while sandusky blew the kid (i believe it was the janitors who witnessed humping) and started to weigh intervening or not because this guy was a revered ex coach of his and then decided it was best to walk away is incomprehensible to me...he also went to joe and reported it...so to say that he didnt do anything because he was so close to the sandusky family doesnt hold weight since he turned him in anyway

but lets say it makes sense...how do you then explain the next 5-6 years of him staying at penn state and being around sandusky and little boys

like i said before i also wonder how much his promotions acted as hush money

No, it was the other way around. McQueary saw a naked Sandusky humping a naked boy. Both Sandusky and the boy briefly looked back at him, and in that split second... he ran away.

After the fact he either had convinced himself he didn't see what he thought he saw (with the help of his dad, Paterno, Curley, and Schultz), or he had convinced himself it was an isolated incident (yeah, right).

As McQueary's story expands outside the existing documented facts, it will be really interesting to hear his rationalization. All I'm saying is that in that instant, I can't definitively say I could have done anything differently... and I think many who do are over-simplifying the situation due to the heinous nature of the crime and the desire to take gray area out of the discussion.

ice grillin you

oh i can def see someone not doing anything...all the time people do nothing when they should help someone...im just saying hes despicable for it

theres actually some people calling him a victim

Rome

McQueary should off himself.  Youre an adult and see a grown man raping a little boy and don't beat the bastich to death you automatically forfeit your right to go on living.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 09, 2011, 11:35:16 AM
I can't definitively say I could have done anything differently... and I think many who do are over-simplifying the situation due to the heinous nature of the crime and the desire to take gray area out of the discussion.

Quote from: Rome on November 09, 2011, 11:45:24 AM
McQueary should off himself.  Youre an adult and see a grown man raping a little boy and don't beat the bastich to death you automatically forfeit your right to go on living.

Fair to say you're a guy who prefers black and white over shades of gray, then?

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 11:40:46 AM
oh i can def see someone not doing anything...all the time people do nothing when they should help someone...im just saying hes despicable for it

theres actually some people calling him a victim

Can't he be both a villain and a victim? By definition...

Quoteone that is acted on and usually adversely affected by a force or agent <the schools are victims of the social system>: as a (1) : one that is injured, destroyed, or sacrificed under any of various conditions <a victim of cancer> <a victim of the auto crash> <a murder victim> (2) : one that is subjected to oppression, hardship, or mistreatment <a frequent victim of political attacks> b : one that is tricked or duped <a con man's victim>

There is absolutely NO WAY McQueary isn't a victim here. The question is how much that is trumped by his role as a villain.

Even psychological scholars would say that Sandusky is a victim. He is obviously mentally ill and deeply disturbed. Maybe he was raped by an older man when he was a kid. I don't know and I don't care because of how big of a villain he his and the trail of victims he will leave.

It really is easier to simplify it, though. Something to be said for that approach, and I am looking into it.

ice grillin you

what about his dad too....he should be called out as well...ginger put his career ahead of protecting chldren with dad consulting and both protecting joe

calling ginger a victim is as laughable as it gets

SD

Urban Meyer watch is in full effect

ice grillin you

they will be lucky to get oscar meyer after all this

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 11:11:59 AM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on November 09, 2011, 11:03:54 AM

that huge group of students who went to his house yesterday and started we are penn state chants outside his window in support of him made me ill

It's college kids looking for something to do or be "part of the moment" in this social media age.  It's the same reason why thousands descended upon Beaver Ave and Old Main and outside Joe Pa's statue.  So they could take video and pictures on their phone and Twitter/Facebook it.

Also, I can't believe anyone called Ginger a victim.... he turned a blind eye for his coaching career.  Throw him in the cell with Sandusky.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 12:18:21 PM
they will be lucky to get oscar meyer after all this

LOL

If older women who like younger men are called cougars, does that mean that older men who like little boys are called Nittany Lions? 

SunMo

that's a fresh and original joke that hasn't been repeated 200000 times. well done.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Latest is that Spanier won't last through today.

Also, the circus wouldn't be complete without a planned protest from Westboro Baptist Church! Check out their website at www-dot-godhatesRomes-dot-com for details!

Yes, that's really their site.

ice grillin you

i still fully expect joe to resign this week but at minimum not be there saturday....its just unpossible to me that he will be anywhere near that stadium in three days for a game...how do you have the balls to say you are retiring because you didnt do more regarding the child abuse but not retiring quite yet...

hey guys gimme another three games and a bowl to pile up some more win milestones while im in the middle of a child sex scandel....thats just unbelievable...furthermore he says hes doing this out of the goodness of his heart so that its one less thing the board of trustees has to worry about at this time...just in case some people might have thought joes coaching status is not as important as kiddie rape