Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

but Joe has the right to decide when he retires!

farging horseshtein.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 02, 2011, 08:26:43 PM
Quote from: MDS on January 02, 2011, 08:19:21 PM
who is rob bolden and would he want to come to temple

#2 Dual-threat QB recruit last year, will be true sophomore next year

and

absolutely not

can you imagine sitting out a year to play at temple....me either
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Bolden's dad said basically yesterday sealed the deal with him transferring.  He was already considering it strongly but that just solidified it. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

its one thing if they passed him over for paul jones or newsome...but farging mcgloin?....its just baffling

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 02, 2011, 09:17:08 PM
its one thing if they passed him over for paul jones or newsome...but farging mcgloin?....its just baffling

Bolden's Dad said it would have been different if they even just gave Rob a some chances throughout the games.  I get McGloin gave them a spark at first but the dude thinks he has an arm like Favre and he really has one like Josh Heupel

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD

If only college football had the Rooney rule

ice grillin you

Drunkmasterflex

Apparently Joe Pa said today that Tom Bradley should be reconsidered for the Pitt job.  And I agree completely with igy euthanasia should be an option. 

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 02, 2011, 08:41:47 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on January 02, 2011, 08:26:43 PM
Quote from: MDS on January 02, 2011, 08:19:21 PM
who is rob bolden and would he want to come to temple

#2 Dual-threat QB recruit last year, will be true sophomore next year

and

absolutely not

can you imagine sitting out a year to play at temple....me either

coach dazz will convince him

youll see
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I hate two-QB systems, so I like that they were decisive about the move to McGloin when he showed the ability and willingness to push the ball downfield.  It's just obvious that he's either uncoachable or that they did an awful job of coaching him on his tendencies to telegraph throws and throw into coverage instead of avoiding the big mistakes.

It's a knee-jerk decision for Bolden to want to transfer after the game, unless the coaching staff made it clear that it was McGloin's job to lose in 2011.  THEN, I have a huge problem with it.  Because while Bolden clearly wasn't ready this year, they should have been verbally fellating him at every opportunity and letting him know he was the future, whether Matty Non-Ice had eligibility left or not.

I guess I'm glad that they still have Paul Jones.  But this is a step back for the program losing a guy as talented as Rob Bolden.  What else is new, though?

ice grillin you

mccgloin absolutely sucks....going to a talentless walk on when you had three other potenttial stud qb's was unbelievably stupid....if they went with bolden and newsome transferred then fine...you can defend alienating a four star qb by going with a younger four star qb...but you dont risk losing top prospects to go with a pos like mccgloin...and because they did they got burned by losing two top recruits

Drunkmasterflex

Losing Newsome makes no difference to me, losing Bolden is just bad though.  McGloin has good games against some of the worst defenses in CFB, looks like we might as well get used to him being the QB for at least next season.  Hopefully after that Joe Pa is gone. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Newsome had opportunities and generally looked bad.  McGloin obviously does suck, but Bolden was not ready to play this year, so McGloin probably did give them a slightly better chance of winning for a brief stint there.

Really would have preferred Bolden didn't go, but it sounds like it's a done deal.  So, at least they have Jones who will be two years behind Matt McInterception in eligibility.  Hopefully they either give Jones an opportunity to win the job.  Because holy shtein is McGloin an infuriating and untalented piece of shtein.  The nicest thing I can say about him is that I wouldn't rather have Zack Mills.

ice grillin you

it would be a much worse situation if joe wasnt a short timer but still its never a good thing when multiple top recruits at the qb position are bailing because someone like mccgloin got chosen ahead of them...and they arent just bailing but they are publically speaking out against the coaching staff...its bad enough that their coach is senile and half dead but now opposing schools have even more ammo to recruit against penn state...all joe is doing now is making the hole for the next coach that much deeper and ensuring that penn state will be in the shteinter for that many more years after he leaves

Drunkmasterflex

And that is the major issue, if he left today I think they would be able to recover quickly.  But they can't afford back to back zesty recruiting classes.  I actually don't hold Joe Pa responsible of for this.  He is a senile old man, the University should step in and do something about it.