Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

i got it from PSC, but i think the guy there got it from the Rivals board
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's insane that they wouldn't announce it before the game.  Joe is probably resisting.

smeags

i know this same shtein has come out every year for a while and there's no way joepa will retire willingly but the university I think has to do something. it's beyond sad seeing him like he is.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

rjs246

Please let me know if I need to add him to my 2011 death list or if this is just some alzheimers shtein.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Drunkmasterflex

Wow, this is not what I expected to read today.  That being said he is definitely in bad shape and he has gotten really bad this past year.  Did anyone take notice after games how much more security was around him this past season. 

Also I hope the rumors are true and that they are going outside the program.  The only guy I would like to see from the current staff get the job is LJ. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

i like lj but he isnt big time college head coach material

plus they definitely need an offensive minded coach....i know they somewhat advanced out of the dark ages when galen hall came on board but they still need to forever drop their three yards and a cloud of dust reputation...they need an innovative progressive offensive mind that will attract real athletes and make penn state a place where talent wants to go....mike leach would have been perfect
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

No way PSU would hire Leach.  Peterson or Mullen would be great.  And who knows with LJ he hasn't even been a coordinator.  I like him purely from a recruiting standpoint, though Ron Zook is a great recruiter too. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: MDS on December 22, 2010, 12:46:57 PM
why would you want al golden?

I think there would have been a real good chance of that happening if any of this really ends up happening. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on December 22, 2010, 12:16:27 PM
No way PSU would hire Leach.  Peterson or Mullen would be great.  And who knows with LJ he hasn't even been a coordinator.  I like him purely from a recruiting standpoint, though Ron Zook is a great recruiter too. 

i think the notion that lj is a great recruiter is way overblown

he might be the only good recruiter on the staff but where is his greatness in recruiting.....cause he got a few guys from md where he is a legend?...i think hes a nice piece to have on a coaching staff but i dont see him being a great recruiter from the head coaching position of a big time college program

MDS

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on December 22, 2010, 12:48:56 PM
Quote from: MDS on December 22, 2010, 12:46:57 PM
why would you want al golden?

I think there would have been a real good chance of that happening if any of this really ends up happening. 

3-4 years down the line or like next month? cause within 3 years goldens stock will be lower than munsons iq.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Drunkmasterflex

I meant if Golden was still available and they do go through a coaching change. 

Where is the greatness in recruiting? The fact they were a down and out program and for the most part over the last 5-6 years have had top 25 classes.  If you can get a kid to come there when the HC has one foot in the grave you are doing something right. 

ice grillin you

has he been the lead recruiter on a single big time recruit from outside maryland....i dont know the answer to this im asking...but i cant remember any

also hes been at penn state since the mid 90's...its not he came in in 2002 and turned everything around

i think he does things right...i just dont think hes big time

SD

PoopyfaceMcGee