The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Schools around here canceled classes on Monday and Tuesday because it's zero-ish (no offense Satoshi) degrees. I pay property taxes so other people's punk kids can get an education...send 'em to school unless the polar vortex mushroom stamps a blizzard on us

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

What's that weather blog that always used to get referenced in here? I just saw a thing on facebook saying one of them is predicting a possibly huge storm next weekend
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

Weatherboy is the one thats going around.  I think PG was addicted to it.

www.liveweatherblogs.com is another

and Reese liked epaweather on fb
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

yeah i like epaweather on facebook
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

okay then fanboys...are we going to get a blizzard or not?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

basically from what i've seen there's three models all saying we're going to die. 

One storm the 3rd, which could swing 30 miles and be ice/rain/snow, with as much as a foot of snow

The big one the 9th,10th,11th that will cripple the ditch digging business for a week or two.  The euro model is saying that storm will stall off the coast of NJ, and we'll get a true nor easter.  I'm all for a big ass snow storm to finish it off. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

sweet

YES we're all going to die!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

isnt snow OUT and warm weather IN you hipster non sports fan
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 31, 2014, 12:44:35 AM
isnt snow OUT and warm weather IN you hipster non sports fan

basically this is a facebook storm...someone said something on there and now the sheep are running with it

the funny thing is tthe one thats 48 hrs away has the best chance to do anything and no one is talking about it...people instead sheep it up and wanna scream about four feet of snow ten days away
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Now it's four feet?!!

I can't wait.

MDS

how are you gonna make it 4 days without a trip to whole foods
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

EPAWA on this Wednesday/Thursday storm:

QuoteThe European model just came in with another "nuke" and we have enough confidence in that model's consistency as well as being deadlocked with the other foreign model guidance to expect a crippling snowfall somewhere in the vicinity of I-95 and points NW...It is becoming apparent that snowfall will need to be measured with a yardstick instead of a ruler for some places within in our coverage area. We still have to narrow down exact track over the next 48 hours or so, but someone is getting hit and hit hard. That means don't ask us how much for Scranton, Harrisburg, Allentown, Philadelphia... etc. Probability increases in east central PA, SE PA and interior New Jersey.

Seabiscuit36

So we are going to die? 

The problem with this storm is Heavy wet snow.  Add in nor easter winds, and its a recipe for disaster from an electrical grid point of view. 

Munson

I'm still seeing calls of "wintry mix" instaed of snow for this area...
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds