The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

It's funny to watch the weather forecasters down here talk excitedly about "wind chill."

If it ever snows down here (SW Florida), it's a sign that climate change has gone past the point of no return.  It's never officially happened in either Fort Myers or Naples since records have been kept.

I did have frost on my windshield twice last week, so there's that...

PhillyPhreak54

Update on Icemageddon in treacherous Houston Texas...

It started raining about 8am. That's it.

You can hear the news people's boners deflating.

However...90% of the businesses are closed. Schools are closed. The city looks like a ghost town.

lololol

Sgt PSN

My sisters school in Austin was closed Fri and yesterday because they got a light dusting of snow. Apparently you can't just shoot it and make it go away.

I don't want to hear another Texan talk about how bad ass Texans are. Hoydas.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

holy shtein, what an awesome map.

what's the coastal low, the hurricane looking thing down by georgia?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Yup, Thing is pretty awesome as you can drag and zoom all over the earth.  It just gives you an idea of where the swarm of wind are.  It'd be pretty awesome to look at during hurricanes and whatnot. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

smoke a bowl and you'd probably watch that for half a day

Tomahawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 28, 2014, 07:37:04 AM
i dont care where you live....icy roads are not to be trifiled with....its places that freak out over an inch of snow that need to be obliterated

I turn the traction control off to better enjoy the icy roads

ice grillin you

when im feeling frisky i luge to work
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Dillen

Maybe 5 years ago, it had been below freezing for awhile and finally started to snow. I'm driving in the left lane of a 45 mph road, usually heavy traffic, with cars coming from the opposite direction. There's a car next to me in the right lane, I hit an ice patch and start fishtailing, front of my car was maybe a foot away from smashing into his. From what I can remember (no idea if this is actually true, I might just have tricked my mind into believing it after the fact), I looked at the traffic from the opposite side and saw the oncoming cars were not very close, so I pumped the brakes and swung a hard left, slid sideways across all lanes of traffic and wound up doing a perfect 180 stopped on the shoulder of the opposite side of the road.

SunMo

actually what happened is you hit oncoming traffic and you're dead.  this is hell, welcome.

Rome

Lies.  If this was hell there'd be more puns.

Don Ho

Quote from: SunMo on January 28, 2014, 11:55:58 AM
smoke a bowl and you'd probably watch that for half a day

HA!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Quote from: SunMo on January 28, 2014, 11:52:44 AM
holy shtein, what an awesome map.

seconded.

best thing I've seen on the innertubes in a while
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

a school district around here canceled basketball games....basketball....because it was relatively cold out.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.