The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I'd love it if a mall and a bunch of vapid consumers were destroyed by a tornado. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

I'd love a rainy day.

We are farging baking down here. Sunny and a hundred every day.

Diomedes

Clearly, it's time for y'all to secede. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on June 28, 2013, 06:51:19 PM
I'd love it if a mall and a bunch of vapid consumers were destroyed by a tornado.

or how about just delaware in general

Quote from: SD on June 28, 2013, 06:50:21 PM
A lot of people are bitching about this gloomy weather...I'm loving it. No idea why.

anytime there isnt beating down sun in the summer is a good thing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

This weather blows. I love a good storm once a week but this raining every day shtein sucks.

Also, if there was a tornado at Christiana Mall, I'm pretty sure that's the 3rd tornado in like the last 2-3 weeks Delaware has seen.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

Didn't even have a drop of rain the past two days at my place.  I'm getting tired of watering the garden. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

http://robertscribbler.wordpress.com/2013/07/14/jet-stream-over-us-so-weak-weather-systems-are-moving-backwards/

QuoteAn extreme US summer that has featured floods and heavy rains in the east and drought and devastating fires in the west boasts yet one more bizarre weather pattern: a backward moving storm system.

As of last week, a strong frontal boundary had swept into the southeastern US bringing with it another dose of heavy rains and storms. Then the system stalled. Over Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the front and associated low pressure systems have backed up, moving from east to west, passing over the Appalachians, then the Tennessee River Valley, then the Mississippi, until today it reached a central region stretching from Texas all the way north to the Dakotas.

This retrograde weather is a very uncommon, but not unheard of, event. In the context of an already strange summer, it adds yet one more anomalous weather pattern to the list.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

I noticed that with the rain here last week. It was coming off the Atlantic and moving NW. We had some rain the other day that was moving directly south to north, strange but not that strange for this area.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

absolutely unbelievable out tonight....sitting on my deck and theres a valid chill in the air....bring on college football

PhillyPhreak54

It's so hot and humid my balls are sticking to my leg

ice grillin you

I dont know how you do it

Rome

It was 98 degrees and the humidity was soul crushing here today.

Of course when it's 30 degrees there it's 65 here, so it's a trade off.

Geowhizzer

My school district has taken control of the A/C from the principals.  It's been damn hot in our building all year - probably about 80+ in the afternoon.

And, of course, the district office (built from a former mall, so it's huge) can double as a meat locket it's so cold.

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 15, 2013, 09:27:50 PM
My school district has taken control of the A/C from the principals.  It's been damn hot in our building all year - probably about 80+ in the afternoon.

And, of course, the district office (built from a former mall, so it's huge) can double as a meat locket it's so cold.

They tried that shtein with us.  We hacked the code in no time and reset the temp from max cold from 78 to 72.    farg em.